Gizmo's and Gadgets

Greywulff

Hi All,

Just had a thought :huh::huh: I have a Prowler 13 Angler kitted out with fish-finder, GPS, marine radio, Scotty rod holders, C-Tug trolley, camera mount, crate for carring stuff with flag pole and flag, anchor system, Pocket Lip Grip, safety box with mini flares, strobe light additional batteries, water pump, Pdf and not to mention fishing tackle.

:headhurt::headhurt: Bank Manager Hates Me :headhurt::headhurt:

Wife ain't got a clue :yahoo:

But what if there's MORE there is always more. I haven't got money burning holes in me pockets. But what other Gizmo's and gadget's are out there. Wasn't gone on the anti aircraft gun in an earlyer thread.

You have brought me this far Please don't tell me I'm at the end of the road.

Any of you got interesting or unusual aids or devices to aid us in KAYAK FISHING "before the dodgy replies start" Please post and photos would be deadly, something you've made up even.

:thumbs: CHEERS :thumbs:

Greywulff

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a glamorous gadget but..........

.................after trying various plastic storage containers for my gear I picked up a Mountain Equipment Kit Bag (100 litres) from Cotswold Outdoors yesterday (on offer at the moment from £80 to £45).

A weatherproof bag, it has a large internal pocket for wet clothing and the 100litre capacity means I can fit my bait tank or crate in there along with clothing, RAM mounts etc. :clap2:

Rods, paddle and trolley aside all my kit is now in one place.

Review of this bag

Some pics:

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

You don't mention a compass but surely you must have one of these.

Navigation light if you are kayaking into darkness.

Spare paddle?

I presume you are fully kitted out as regards clothing. I'm sure there will always be some other clothing bits and pieces else to buy.

Steinbeisser

Its so simple SpeciMan its scary. No more endless trips between the garage and boot of the car for me. I've always been thinking about how I could load up the Yak at the launch spot that I never gave loading the car or worse packin it all away a second though.

I'm fully kitted out with clothing, been using the GPS as a compass. Aint got a spare paddle, but I like the Idea of Lights Cheers Steinbeisser.

Thank

Greywulff

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

Prowler 13 Angler

Actually I did search for Nav Lights on the net last year but only came up with those annoying USA Green/Red lights never searched after that.

What type of lights have you got and are the batteries self contained or are the lights fitted to the Yak and powered by the 12v.

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

Prowler 13 Angler

Rigged up my own 12volt nav light.

Bought a 12v nav light head (without pole) from local chandlers, attached it to a thin metal pole which is attached to a sawn off butt of a fishing rod. The wire is run internally through the pole then connected at the bottom to coiled wire I took from the mains lead of an electric shaver :D.

The butt is placed in a RAM tube which has a gimbal mounting - the nav pole stays put and doesn't spin around.

The RAM tube is attached to the stern via RAM ball. As the light is just out of reach and I may need to access it when coming through the surf zone, I placed a plastic loop on there. I use a large t-bar to grab and pull the light towards me so I can lift it out of the tube if needed. I used epoxy in places to waterproof it all.

I fit a 24 led bulb from UltraLeds.co.uk - very bright and going from the number of swans I spooked outside the entrance to Christchurch Harbour a few nights ago quite effective!

Light is powered via a 1.2 12volt sealed lead acid battery from Maplins and lasts for over 10 hours (got bored when testing it out and turned it off after this duration). The battery is kept in a plastic container within a triangular deck bag mounted over the rear of the tankwell behind my crate.

Some Pics

navlight1.jpg

bulb.jpg

ramtube.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Didn't see scales mentioned anywhere. This is what mysteriously appeared in my tackle box when I regained consciousness after a recent tart attack - X-Tools Grip'n-Weigh (along with the comfy Crazy Creek seat it's sitting on and a new Slosh 20 reel, not to mention an armful of stuff from the Lidl Fishing gear week, but that only came to £15, so it doesn't count :clap2: ). I'm booked in for wallet by-pass surgery any day now...because there's more....so much more to buy out there :crazy::crazy::crazy::D

GripnWeigh.jpg

"I'm booked in for wallet by-pass surgery any day now...because there's more....so much more to buy out there :crazy::crazy::crazy: "

:clap2: Well said that Man. :clap2:

There's more than the truth out there Mulder and Scully hadn't a Clue.

There is more to buy out there just been on X-Tools website Like the Floating pliers and Dehooker. My Wifes gonna hate you paintfly.

Up the Yakkers!

post-9376-1177504500.gif

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

Prowler 13 Angler

I'm fully kitted out with clothing, been using the GPS as a compass. Aint got a spare paddle, but I like the Idea of Lights Cheers Steinbeisser.

Greywulff

I don't think I would be too happy relying on GPS with no compass backup. Too much to go wrong compared to a compass (but I did manage to destroy a silva compass with the magnet on a GPS external antenna!!) Certainly would never go hill walking with a GPS and no compass. Always concerned about battery failure or just breaking the GPS, etc.

Steinbeisser