cleaning flotation suit ?

john h

can i wash my sundridge flotation suit in a washing machine or will this damage it ?, will the suit need to be re-waterproofing after cleaning , or is there some were i can get it cleaned?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the same thoughts on my Fladen John.......

The label says that it is washable but I am worried about the drying.

best leave it a while till the warmer weather gets here.

In the meantime give it a submariners wash........

ie squirt some deodorant on it :D:D:D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I usually give mine a scub down with soap flakes outside if its really pooh wash down and leave to dry - don't know about putting them in a washing machine though?

My mate swears by reproofing his with 'Thomsons' waterproof sealant - think its for brickwork ??

John I know it is wrong of me (politcally at least) to say this but: my sundridge floatation suit was disgusting. I phoned to ask if I could disregard the instructions and put it in the machine, they said no. Eventually I ignored this and did it, found no problems at all and will do it again if I need to.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

i have 3 flotation suits (please note i only bought 2, the other is supplied from work) and all of them i bung through the washer on a boil wash then just re-coat with G-wax or the like and they are fine :D (and mine get covered in more than fish guts)

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

shonzy.....

turn it inside out then hang over a door, mine dry in about 24 hours that way, but i also wring out the cuffs and ankles every 20 minutes for the first couple of hours :D

oh and if you're wondering, mine get covered in fifth wheel grease

www.tugmistress.co.uk

www.save-our-sharks.org

Guest gus angus

It's all very well ignoring the instructions and bunging it in the washing machine but who is to blame if it does'nt do the job it's supposed to do when needed. It's your life.

personally, i don't see the harm in bunging it through the washer. I use mine at work for warmth and survival if i go in the harbour.... more liable to be chopped up by two massive props than drowning though, and the other situation i wear my suits are fishing off the head, where if i go in the swell and tidal race and undertow will have me down before 20 seconds. yes i am a nutcase too :D

www.tugmistress.co.uk

www.save-our-sharks.org