warrior 175 or raider 18 any views welcomed

alderney mullet

firstly hi all i'm a new member from alderney channel islands, wanting to by a new boat well between me and my dad have narrowed it down to either a warrior 175 or a raider 18. Mainly for inshore fishing but with the option to go a few miles offshore in moderate weather. would like to hear from anyone who has an opion on these two boats. I'm sure that your read this mark and yes we have gone against your advice of a orkney :wallbash: as i'm sure i will explain later to you.

firstly hi all i'm a new member from alderney channel islands, wanting to by a new boat well between me and my dad have narrowed it down to either a warrior 175 or a raider 18. Mainly for inshore fishing but with the option to go a few miles offshore in moderate weather. would like to hear from anyone who has an opion on these two boats. I'm sure that your read this mark and yes we have gone against your advice of a orkney :wallbash: as i'm sure i will explain later to you.

a mate of mine has a 175 on order from warrior, they quoted him 8 weeks, it's now coming up for 12 weeks and still no sign of it.

he gets every excuse under the sun about not delivering, even gets told it will be there next day and he takes a day off work and it doesn't arrive then they dink his calls for another week.

poor show for almost 20K, typical of a company with a captive audience :rolleyes:

he wished he's bought a second hand 175 or a raider 18 cuddy.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

I have looked at both but been to sea in neither. I have to say I would go for the raider based on what I have seen . Our local distributor has them ex stock...or he did at the back end of last year before the tax man caught up with me .

Will be a while before I can afford to look again.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

I have looked at both but been to sea in neither. I have to say I would go for the raider based on what I have seen . Our local distributor has them ex stock...or he did at the back end of last year before the tax man caught up with me .

Will be a while before I can afford to look again.

Dave

:clap2: Taxman Dave? Ouch, I bet that hurt. :angry:

Just picked this up. My advice would be buy the Raider, not the Orkney. For others info the Orkney was suggested as you can pick these up relatively cheaper and this will be Alderney Mullets first boat (wonder if we'll get a user name as Alderney Wrasse next!). I do think by far the Raider out peforms both the other boats suggested when you take in to consideration of weather, water conditions, fuel consumption, space, freeboard etc and if possible buy one that was made 1997 to 2001, so now I've raised this topic back to the top what are other people views?

Just picked this up. My advice would be buy the Raider, not the Orkney. For others info the Orkney was suggested as you can pick these up relatively cheaper and this will be Alderney Mullets first boat (wonder if we'll get a user name as Alderney Wrasse next!). I do think by far the Raider out peforms both the other boats suggested when you take in to consideration of weather, water conditions, fuel consumption, space, freeboard etc and if possible buy one that was made 1997 to 2001, so now I've raised this topic back to the top what are other people views?

well thanks for your comments looks like the raider is winning as far as good comments go. knew you'd read this sooner or later alderneyangling wasn't gonig to mention i'd posted on here for advice. i've been working round his house almost every night and he owns a raider himself so knew what his answer would be between the two boats. Had a look round a warrior today and was impressed, my dad seemed to like it too but will have run out in it soon as it goes back in the water in a week looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I have a raider 18 cuddy and am using it on the north east coast. overall i'm very pleased with it, its my first boat so i have nothing to judge it against but having been using using it for 6 months now and feel safe in it. normally fish two - up, inshore at the moment as i get used to it and have been fairly carefull of the sea state when ive been out, but when i have been in the big swells the boat seems to handle it very well. the only thing i dont like about the boat is the way the hatch is held open on a strange spring thing each side. sort that out and i would be very content with the boat. i'm running a mariner 80 4 stroke, about 30 knots with two and fishing gear when the sea allows. i really like the freeboard and the huge fishing deck space. under seat storage is good and the anchor stowage is ok apart from the hatch problems.

I have a raider 18 cuddy and am using it on the north east coast. overall i'm very pleased with it, its my first boat so i have nothing to judge it against but having been using using it for 6 months now and feel safe in it. normally fish two - up, inshore at the moment as i get used to it and have been fairly carefull of the sea state when ive been out, but when i have been in the big swells the boat seems to handle it very well. the only thing i dont like about the boat is the way the hatch is held open on a strange spring thing each side. sort that out and i would be very content with the boat. i'm running a mariner 80 4 stroke, about 30 knots with two and fishing gear when the sea allows. i really like the freeboard and the huge fishing deck space. under seat storage is good and the anchor stowage is ok apart from the hatch problems.

The only time I use the hatch is to slip or secure the mooring ropes. When we anchor the box containing the rope is in the cabin and we run the rope round the bulkhead to a cleet on the floor in the port/bulkhead corner. From there up and round the side heading to the front, it does this through a series of pulleys down the side, around the post and through the bow roller, then back down the side and attach it to a cleet on the outside. On the end of the rope we have a heavy duty quick release clip which we can then attach a block for when we drift fish or anchor and chain. This way we never leave the cockpit area and get no hassles in and out the cabin and hatch.

• 1 month later...
a mate of mine has a 175 on order from warrior, they quoted him 8 weeks, it's now coming up for 12 weeks and still no sign of it.

he gets every excuse under the sun about not delivering, even gets told it will be there next day and he takes a day off work and it doesn't arrive then they dink his calls for another week.

poor show for almost 20K, typical of a company with a captive audience :rolleyes:

he wished he's bought a second hand 175 or a raider 18 cuddy.

Hi Guys

Sorry to bring this up again and I tried to PM Happy Dude, but got an error message.

I have just had Phil from Warrior boats on the phone asking for help as he is being accused of holding a group of Scottish lads deposit on a Warrior 175, yet he has no record of the order at all.

It appears that the lads placed an order with a woman who was supposedly something to do with Warrior (a dealer maybe?). They gave her a deposit, but she never forwarded anything to Phil.

Firstly, Phil and I are competitors and I'll nick a deal off him if I can, but he I think I know him well enough to say he is no crook and believe him when he says he knows nothing about it, but truly wants to help.

If Happy Dude's friends or anyone else here knows anything about it, please can they contact me (I only breeze through here from time to time) through my work email on tombettle@southernmotorboats.co.uk and I will do everything I can to try and help.

Alledgedly, Warrior are being slagged off heavily on one of the Scottish fishing forums and Phil simply wants to help sort it out.

1) Does anyone know what forum this is on?

2) Is anyone involved prepared to contact me and I wil try and help?

3) doesn anyone know who the woman was that took the deposit?

Thanks for your help and sorry for posting this "adhoc" on here.

Tom

Hi Tom. As you found, PM and a few other features don't become active until after post #15 which makes you an unrestricted member.

Weekends can be a little slow but I imagine you will get a response pretty soon. I'll PM a link to your post to Happy Dude.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President