Beachcasting for Carp

Guest Brumagem Phil

You make valid points eddie, it is a slightly devisive issue.......but hey, its a mild one, just don't get folk around here started on the pros and cons of otters or canoeists! :doh:^_^

I look forward to hearing what your mate has to say!

My advice regarding beachcasting.....if you are unsure as to its frown value at a fishery (assuming its not banned) then be discreet and don't tell the regulars how many carp you've caught!! Oh, and that means DONT hang your socks on it to dry during quiet spells! <_<

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What size are the lakes? If they're quite small, beachcasting can take up a lot of space. Or perhaps he's had problems with unsafe rigs in the past.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest Brumagem Phil
Hi, I beachcast on small & large lakes. If i'm on a small lake I usually have the hooklength about 18ft away from the bank.

Regards Eddie

People don't realise that with a bit of practice beachcasting can be done quite delicately to get a bait close in.

I do recall tryin it at Blue pool down at bishops bowl fisheries....the water is VERY deep and I spent the first half an hour adjusting my stop knots!!! Needed one hell of a chuck to get the bait to come far enough down the line to 'set'. Sorted it in the end but didnt catch a sausage! :schmoll:

Hi,

Spoke to Elliot who owns/runs Northey Park. BEACHCASTING IS BANNED from his lakes. Wouldn't give a reason......shame, so no more light is shed I'm afraid.

Regards Eddie

i'm afriad elliot is like that i kno 2 ppl who have had fish he wanted from a local lake and he anit spoke to em since and he was really pally with one of em b4 that as soon as he saw that fish go over the net he walked off and they aint spoke since....get the impression he don't like others catching and him not.....very arrogant

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Eddie and welcome to AnglersNet.

Could you describe what you mean by the beachcasting method. I have no idea what it is but if it works that well, I'd love to know more.

hi this is my first post

i researched this method on this site to overcome shy fish on my local water

having read the instructions and looked at the diagrames i put the rig together in a slightly different and more fishfreindly way

by taking the mainline to the hooklink via a small swivel

and using a run ring to attach the float and weight above the swivel with lower breaking strain line (6lb)than your main line (12lb)

the presentation was not compromised (landed two fish 18lband 20lb broke pb twice)

the rotten bottom would break if the weight snags

if the main line breaks the hook is not attached directly to a weight