WHAT A DAY YESTERDYA IT WAS NON STOP ACTION ON SEAS-OTTER 2

does sound better using lighter gear m8, but does it not cause tangles on the boat? as when i,m boatfishing any thing below a 1lb a lead and the trouble starts, ie everyone tangles up. my brother might also be up for a trip with you (if he can use light gear lol) he packed up in the 80s due to what he said its just non stop heavy lifting the jiggers, he remembers the bin bags of fish just using herring as bait.

told him sunday about you using light gear and its the first time in yrs he said he would like to try it, so you must be doing something right

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does sound better using lighter gear m8, but does it not cause tangles on the boat? as when i,m boatfishing any thing below a 1lb a lead and the trouble starts, ie everyone tangles up. my brother might also be up for a trip with you (if he can use light gear lol) he packed up in the 80s due to what he said its just non stop heavy lifting the jiggers, he remembers the bin bags of fish just using herring as bait.

told him sunday about you using light gear and its the first time in yrs he said he would like to try it, so you must be doing something right

Hi Iggy there's lots of ideas for avoiding tangles one of the best is every one fishes a same or similar weight and type of rig It also helps whe your fellow fisher stay awake and realise when they have a fish towing their gear around the sea bed :thumbs:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ May 13 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: Don't rub it in, my trip was blown off. :schmoll:

Cheers norman it wasnt a bad day here light winds and good fishing some of the boats doing 3 hour trips today were reporting getting strings of cod on the 3 hour trips fishing only 3 miles out today the inshore grounds look to be booming this year.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The last week has seen a massive influx of codling suddenly appearing in some spots its teeming with codling rangeing from 1lb upto 5lb but the quality fish are also showing in numbers 2007 looks like been a bumper year for cod fishing here at whitby and as it has been said many times whitby is the cod capital of the uk it has the many miles of reefs and wrecks that litter the grounds inside of 10miles.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

The fishing here at whitby is excellent at the momment these group of lads yesterday had one of best days so far this year it was non stop action on the shads yesterday they were litterally into fish non stop all morning nothing big but with light gear it was non stop sport all the way.

sotter.jpg

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Another cracking day yesterday the algie bloom has all but gone and its fishing extremly well but the northely winds are still continueing it was touch and go yesterday morning as it was fresh first thing so we gave it till 9 am to see if the wind dropped and sure enough the wind eased but the sea was still lumpy.

With those conditions we werent going travel far and tryed some very rough ground about 30 minuites steam from the harbour as soon as we arrived at our mark the lads were straight into fish with the water now allmost gin clear the cod were going mad for allmost any lure you put in front of them pirks,shads they were all takeing fish carl fox from hull asked me to post his mug shot on here as he said he was going to join the forum the shot is brilliant as part of his napper is missing as it was took with my phone his 2 best fish were a little thin as they look to have been late spawners which isnt a bad thing the peice of ground i fished hasnt fished as good 5 or 6 years the signs off whitby at the momment are brilliant we just need some fine settled weather and an end to these horrible northerly winds.

juneseaotter.jpg

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg