Net Dive Bags

Greywulff

Hi all,

Have one of those draw string net dive bags, and saw it mentioned in a thread that Lidi are selling them on the 10th of May. Never used it but bought it for keeping fish fresh after catching them.

I use a cool box instead.

Reason been that when I started reading this Forum I came across this "Thanks Starvinmarvin". And not been used to Kayaks or the sea the net bag went in the back of the wardrobe :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thinking of using it during the summer for those short trips where you don't bring the kitchen shink if you know what I 'meen :headhurt:

And was just wondering had anyone ever had a close encounter of the fishy kind using these bags?JBmanshark1anim.gif

:thumbs: Cheers Lads :thumbs:

Greywulff

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 dive bags and use them for all sorts. I keep my anchor in 1, use 1 for ground bait on the anchor chain when Tope fishing, my spare 4 piece paddle in another and I take a spare for keeping fish in for short periods untill I can deal with them. The type I use are beaver goodie bags from my local dive shop.

I've had sharks come to a chum bag on the side of the boat loads of time's, that's why I would be wary of using one on the kayak.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

I've had sharks come to a chum bag on the side of the boat loads of time's, that's why I would be wary of using one on the kayak.

:blink: Now thats why my net bag has never been used for keeping fish along side the yak! :blink:

I have used it for carrying stuff but after reading that artical about the Great White..... well what would you do.

I probally will use the net bag for chuming but still not so sure about keeping fish over the side of the yak even though that what I wanted it for, surpose I was looking for some of you to say Ah yeah been using one over the side of my yak for years and never had a problem, Reality maybe says that at some stage someone will have a chance meeting with a predatory fish while sitting in a yak :blink::unsure::blink: .

And I have seen the clip of the kayak been flattened by the Killer Whale but I don't think we'd have much problems with them. But whats the worst that could come along side given how small an OK Prowler 13 really is? Blue shark maybe....

Greywulff

Greywulff

Prowler 13 Angler

:blink: Now thats why my net bag has never been used for keeping fish along side the yak! :blink:

I have used it for carrying stuff but after reading that artical about the Great White..... well what would you do.

I probally will use the net bag for chuming but still not so sure about keeping fish over the side of the yak even though that what I wanted it for, surpose I was looking for some of you to say Ah yeah been using one over the side of my yak for years and never had a problem, Reality maybe says that at some stage someone will have a chance meeting with a predatory fish while sitting in a yak :blink::unsure::blink: .

And I have seen the clip of the kayak been flattened by the Killer Whale but I don't think we'd have much problems with them. But whats the worst that could come along side given how small an OK Prowler 13 really is? Blue shark maybe....

Greywulff

Maybe I was not clear enough, I have had Tope, Blue's and Porgies attack a chum sack along side the boat when fishing for them. I would not use a chum sack along side the kayak unless I was after shark from the yak but I do keep mackerel alive and hanging in a bag over the side as the noise they make in the water can draw more mackies and maybe other fish to the yak.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

The noise they make in the water can draw more mackies and maybe other fish to the yak.

Its the Other fish I was worried about. But I do take Ur point the chum bag is bloody and has far more scent from it but would the "Noise" from the Mackies not attract unwanted attention from a shark aswell as the sent trail?

May be a bit of a wuss about this, but as they say s h 1 t happens and don't really feel like inviting it to dinner.

Think I'll Stick with the Cool Box,

Thanks

Greywulff

Edited by Greywulff

Greywulff

Prowler 13 Angler

Its the Other fish I was worried about. But I do take Ur point the chum bag is bloody and has far more scent from it but would the "Noise" from the Mackies not attract unwanted attention from a shark aswell as the sent trail?

May be a bit of a wuss about this, but as they say s h 1 t happens and don't really feel like inviting it to dinner.

Think I'll Stick with the Cool Box,

Thanks

Greywulff

If the noise did draw a shark say a Tope up then it would not take me long to stick on a mahoosive shad on a bitting trace to have a crack at it.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

If the noise did draw a shark say a Tope up then it would not take me long to stick on a mahoosive shad on a bitting trace to have a crack at it.

My thoughts precisely.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.