weymouth bay

Frenzy_Danny

Hi all again,

Im off to weymouth at the end of the month hopefully and am gonna take the new frenzy and was looking for some information on where to fish and what i could catch from my lil frenzy. I dont have a fishfinder or gps just me yak and rod and paddles. i normally go from the beach where there is a lil restaurant a lil funfair and i can see the harbour on my right cant for the life of me remember the name of the place.

any help on this subject would be grately appreciated.

also my trip to the mouth of the hamble didnt go to well last sunday the wind was awful in my face all the way to the mouth but when i got to hamble marina they had a display of jet ski's and lil racing boats which was great to watch, also had a lil bass which was about the size of my spinner lol. but nothing else, did see two people in a canoe fishing but didnt see them catch either.

gtg now hope to hear from some of you soon ty

Have fished Portland Harbour and East of Portland Bill.

Have had some lovely Conger there!

always launch at Castletown public slipway :thumbs:

You would need to go on a Neap tide :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

hi there richi thanx for the advice will have to get my self a bigger rod for the conger dont think my lil telescopic spinning rod will do the trick! how far out do u go before u hit conger ground? i've only ever had conger on a boat before.

hi there richi thanx for the advice will have to get my self a bigger rod for the conger dont think my lil telescopic spinning rod will do the trick! how far out do u go before u hit conger ground? i've only ever had conger on a boat before.

The place you launch is called bowleaze cove and in weymouth bay its your best bet for bass. There is a reef just off the beach at that end that runs from the kayak shop (second wind - good place to launch) right down to the cove corner. I often launch there and drift down to the corner plugging with a surface popper picking fish off the reef - only any good at high water though.

If you fancy a paddle you could launch at bowleaze and then head off to the left to Ringstead bay and the white nothe (but your better launching at ringstead bay car park - bit expensive though). White nothe is the big white headland you can see in the distance (20 min padle from car park) - its a cracking spot for bass in the evenings on a flooding tide.

If you want some better marks that are a bit further down the coast PM me and good luck!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

• 3 weeks later...
The place you launch is called bowleaze cove and in weymouth bay its your best bet for bass. There is a reef just off the beach at that end that runs from the kayak shop (second wind - good place to launch) right down to the cove corner. I often launch there and drift down to the corner plugging with a surface popper picking fish off the reef - only any good at high water though.

If you fancy a paddle you could launch at bowleaze and then head off to the left to Ringstead bay and the white nothe (but your better launching at ringstead bay car park - bit expensive though). White nothe is the big white headland you can see in the distance (20 min padle from car park) - its a cracking spot for bass in the evenings on a flooding tide.

If you want some better marks that are a bit further down the coast PM me and good luck!!

As the tides look good for an evening sesion I was thinking of making the hike down to Bowleaze or Ringstead Bay this coming week. Do you know how the area is fishing? I would plan to use poppers and plugs on the drift for bass/mackeral. Also I don't yet have a trolley, are the parking spots at Bowleaze and Ringstead close enough to manhandle a yak down to the water? Finally as I don't know the area do you have any advice on any potential problems difficluties on the water with currents etc?apologies for bombarding you wuth questions but if you can find a minute or two to respond I'd really appreciate it.

Rgds

dave

.... Also I don't yet have a trolley, are the parking spots at Bowleaze and Ringstead close enough to manhandle a yak down to the water? Finally as I don't know the area do you have any advice on any potential problems difficluties on the water with currents etc?apologies for bombarding you wuth questions but if you can find a minute or two to respond I'd really appreciate it.
At Ringstead you can drop your yak off at the grassy area near the top of the ramp down to the beach & just carry it down the short ramp (at quiet times you may be able to back down -- but not recommended as this is how people get on & off the beach & kids often climb onto from the rocks.

A cart makes the whole experience more enjoyable. Prices in the UK for carts is currently ridiculously high IMHO -- I refuse to pay 65 GBP for what is basically a fraction of a push chair/pram/buggy (UK taxes have gone crazy). Pick one up in the USA if you visit, or make your own. I made a great little kayak tolley recently, it cost nothing - everything was recycled. It was surprisingly quick & easy to make once I started. Here is a picture of it (on the DeeperBlue spearfishing forum): http://forums.deeperblue.net/645421-post131.html

we've had them 400yds outside the harbour breakwater southern entrance :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph