Radar

ACKOMEISTER

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cheap contraception then......

The spinning radar won't unbalance the kayak - far from it. Indeed it will actually help to stabilise the craft as it will add a gyroscopic effect to keep her upright and going in a straight line. You might have to turn it off though to negotiate tight turns or when manoevring - great for long distance paddles!

Radar reflectors are shiny radars. You can use the shiny dome to see to shave when camping.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Funnily enough I saw some radars in a shop window a couple of days ago and wondered why no tarts had them yet. Knew there had to be a reason other than there being no point.

Back when I were a seafaring chappy we had a bloke (not, thankfully, one of the crew) get off his face and try to climb up the radar mast. He didn't get microwaved, but he did get clonked on the head and fell down. He had quite an unlucky night really; he was dead by morning.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

right that's enough jokes,now for a serious question.

does anyone paddle an aircraft carrier? :unsure:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I believe it was attempted by the crew of HMS Industrious, but they ended up HMS Insensible.

:rolleyes:

Now Richie....

I thought that the deal was that as 'Chief Tackle Tart', if there was any microwaving of Onions (or Burgers) to be done afloat that you were our man?

Are you trying to dodge the job on the basis that you only paddle a Prowler and not The Ark Royal?

Shame on you man!

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Saw a nifty little barbeque the other day that would be safe and usable in the tabnk well of a prowler. However, common sense intervened and I didn't buy it.

Green would have clashed so horribly.

I've got a bait fridge, low level lighting, 6 speaker stereo, satellite TV and mini bar already fitted, but I’m damned if I can find room to house the air-con unit. Might have to take out the Queen Anne bed to make room.

Regards, Clive