O2 Incompetence.

Sunday, my wife lost her phone in a taxi and it could not be traced.

Monday I use O2 live help to block her sim and to organise a replacement. All good...so you think.

The advisor, from some far off eastern land, assured me all would be well and the block was supposedly placed on my wife's account.

Today, all of a sudden my mobile account was blocked not the one that belongs to my wife.

I used O2 live help again and was asked if I was using my new sim yet, to which I replied " I did not request one."

The idiot of an eastern advisor who dealt with me yesterday blocked my account and organised a replacement sim card for my account even though transcript shows he had been asked to block the account owned by my wife.

Transcript shows he even acknowledged the block was only for my wife's account.

The moral of the story, if you have an O2 issue and live in the UK don't use online live help, the advisors don't know their rectums from their elbow.

A case of eggs and basket?

Whilst admitting foreign helpdesks try their best i am sure the knockdown rate we must be paying them (or why use them) maybe saving a few quid for the company a nice newcastle female voice on the other end is nest.

Bt help desk staff are infuriating once the problem goes off the reply sheet ,and its worse when they assure you the problem is solved when its not and you phone back you have to start from scratch again

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, been there too. Took an infuriating 8 weeks to resolve a problem that B.T Openreach identified in 8 hours, namely that a B.T Openreach engineer placed me on a capped connection @ 96kbps whilst repairing an exchange forgetting to put me back to the correct connection when he had finished.

Even though I knew what had happened and B.T Openreach knew it was a case of submitting speed test after speed test until an appointment could be made for an Engineer.

For future note, B.T have two levels of advisors so always request a level 2 as they are the only ones who can view call logs and engineer reports, the trick then is to get them to act on the information quickly.

classic call centre story here:

my buddy here at work Rajan; was expecting a parcel to be delivery 2 days before Xmas. Didn't turn up.

So he called and got a call centre; explained the situation and te chap on the end assured him that the parcel would be delivered the next day; which just so happened to be Xmas day!!

Raj explained: repeatedly asked the nice foreign chap if he was 110% sure it would be delivered on Xmas day and was assured each and every time it would be!

I think we all know what happened....

same with my Brother last month; call centre for Barclays....wanted to book an appointment to see the bank arrange a thing or two...call centre chap booked the appointment for the Monday (a bank holiday!! Clues in the name!!!)

Bro asked him several times...are you sure the bank will be open? yep yep yep!!

sat there for an hour waiting outside the bank which of course remained closed!!

£65 quid inconvenience reward and humble apologies from the bank!

companies have to realise eventually that call centres abroad just don't work..they have no understanding of the customer base, the UK work and holiday patterns and are essentially useless for anything other than the most basic stuff..which even then they cock up 90% of the time!

Most councils treat you like crap

Its lucky i dont have to go out as we had a phonecall monday telling us a council employee would visit yesterday ,i phoned in the morning trying to pin down a time but was told 9 till 5 ,ten past four we got a call they will phone us today to tell us the new date grrrrr

Probably its to do with the new kitchen "computer says" to many appliances have screwed up the software

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Oh they aint too bad (O2) i got a contact years ago gave them £100 deposit after almost two weeks of pish poor signal at work and home where i needed it most i took it back before the 14 day grace period thing and got my deposit transferred from shop to my bank money was in account but then a week later a cheque shows up for my deposit. Cashed amd recieved. It was a nice gesture :lol:

Btw if you get through to a foriegner you could always ask to be put through to a UK call centre as you are seriously strggling with their accent (i genuinly have). It works if they have a UK call centre.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk