Mid wales tope

Martin Hurst

Richi ,phooey, Nifty and big gar fished the reef at Tywyn yesterday , first day in a week of toping!! i'm joining them on Wednesday and the excitement is mounting :thumbs:

Spoke to the lads at various times during the day and the total tope kept rising :rolleyes:

final total was 11 fish landed up to 30lb plus , the day finishing with 4 dolphins 'playing' with the yaks for 30 mins.

Sounds like a day unlikely to be repeated in a hurry , and look forward to some great photos over the weekend :thumbs:

Ok Prowler 13

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I'm speachless, well maybe not. It was for me the best fishing trip I have ever done. Total for me was 6 tope to 40lb a sprinkling of bream and the usual dogies and Cardigan Bay Thugs (Huss)

I got no fish photo's but the lads have plenty and will post as they get home.

I do have some pics of the company that me and Nifty had on the way in on Monday.

TywynMay212007015e.jpg

TywynMay212007005e.jpg

I have never been that close to dolphins before and it was fantastic. They snook up on Nifty first and whacked his kayak which nearly made him jump into orbit with shock. They played around and underneath us for a good 10 mins and finished off by tail slapping the bow on my kayak. Something I will never forget.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Wow great pics.

Do you think the dolphins are becoming more friendly towards kayakers in that area. When I fished there a couple of years ago I couldn't get that close to the dolphins. Tope aside, its worth making the trip just to see them.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I'm very jealous.Both of the tope and the dolphins,well done,

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Great pics :)

Tempted to go up one weekend soon.

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Great pics :)

Tempted to go up one weekend soon.

great pics ,had them swirling near mine but not surfacing . when they do that your mind says is that a dolphin or a shark . being tail slapped would be scarey too . :unsure:

one of the joys of yakking even on fishless days

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Total of 16 tope yesterday - all to everyone else! martin didn't hook up either. He and I had several runs each, but didn't connect. I got a huge huss though - 12lb - 14lbs and a nice coloured one. Sandy colour not black. Got bored with blanking on the tope at 8pm, so went to my bass mark and had a quick session to catch a dozen - including 2 at once - all around the 2lb - 2.5lb mark except for a brace of 52cm and 56cm (biggest one about 4lb). It was worth it for me for the bass session!

They are back out again today and no doubt will connect with some more. There are plenty there includung some bigger ones. Nifty had the best at over 50lbs - too heavy to lift abopard yesterday. It nearly had him over as he was hanging onto the opposite gunwale and heaving, but it thrashed and he lost his grip - the angle of the kayak is such that the gunwale is under water from the pressure on - Nifty needs to lose some weight!!

I came back last night, even though I had today off to go out - been to the quack as I have knackered my shoulder. The paddle in was excrutiating - no dolphins to ease the pain. Can't lift my hand to head level, have no idea how I did it either. Physio/sports injury chappie on Tuesday, so I'll find out then. Meantime I am laid up unable to ride the bike (Anna needs the car) and chewing on pain killers!! I think I'll try the whisky mix treatment - it is supposed to work and makes the ceiling go pretty colours!!! Brilliant time up there though - oh, and the heavy mono thing has been thrown out - Nifty got bitten off a couple of times (200lb mono) and Phooey the same - and Richi too. So it is back to wire biting lengths on heavy mono rubbing lengths from now on.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Total of 16 tope yesterday - all to everyone else! martin didn't hook up either. He and I had several runs each, but didn't connect. I got a huge huss though - 12lb - 14lbs and a nice coloured one. Sandy colour not black. Got bored with blanking on the tope at 8pm, so went to my bass mark and had a quick session to catch a dozen - including 2 at once - all around the 2lb - 2.5lb mark except for a brace of 52cm and 56cm (biggest one about 4lb). It was worth it for me for the bass session!

They are back out again today and no doubt will connect with some more. There are plenty there includung some bigger ones. Nifty had the best at over 50lbs - too heavy to lift abopard yesterday. It nearly had him over as he was hanging onto the opposite gunwale and heaving, but it thrashed and he lost his grip - the angle of the kayak is such that the gunwale is under water from the pressure on - Nifty needs to lose some weight!!

I came back last night, even though I had today off to go out - been to the quack as I have knackered my shoulder. The paddle in was excrutiating - no dolphins to ease the pain. Can't lift my hand to head level, have no idea how I did it either. Physio/sports injury chappie on Tuesday, so I'll find out then. Meantime I am laid up unable to ride the bike (Anna needs the car) and chewing on pain killers!! I think I'll try the whisky mix treatment - it is supposed to work and makes the ceiling go pretty colours!!! Brilliant time up there though - oh, and the heavy mono thing has been thrown out - Nifty got bitten off a couple of times (200lb mono) and Phooey the same - and Richi too. So it is back to wire biting lengths on heavy mono rubbing lengths from now on.

nice report simon hope your shoulder is fixed soon :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ