Would you pay a licence fee?

These threads are pointless, you are going to get two choices buy a licence or stop fishing end of story.

Sam can't you come up with anthing remoteley constructive, quotes like

"the discusting state that you commercials have left our inshore fisheries.

I think sea anglers, the tackle trade should take the govenment to court for letting you guys pillage and rape our seas."

only serve to get you a feel good pat on the back from a few like minded anglers and not much else.

If anglers can pick clean a wreck 25 miles off why can't they pick clean a mark from the

shore?

I had the pleasure of fishing an area which was free from gill nets, and did we catch some fish. Unlike the netters we were able to return all under size fish and only keep what we wanted for the pot.

I think as stated before that the government and commercials are in for a big shock when rod licenses are introduced for sea anglers.

They will find themselves looking at a million plus block a voice to be listened to, we may not get much to start with Sam, but once united by a license which will be a big wake up call look out BB.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way a licence can ever be fair is if it applies to everybody in proportion. So, if I have to pay £25 a year to entitle me to take home two bass a week (chance would be a fine thing) then a commercial fisherman taking home two hundred bass a week has to pay £2500 a year. The reason a man is taking fish, be it to earn a living, for recreation or just out of spite is irrelevant. If you go to a market and buy potatoes, you don't pay different prices if you are going to use them in a restaurant or eat them at home.

The only way a licence can ever be fair is if it applies to everybody in proportion. So, if I have to pay £25 a year to entitle me to take home two bass a week (chance would be a fine thing) then a commercial fisherman taking home two hundred bass a week has to pay £2500 a year. The reason a man is taking fish, be it to earn a living, for recreation or just out of spite is irrelevant. If you go to a market and buy potatoes, you don't pay different prices if you are going to use them in a restaurant or eat them at home.

Excellent point and one we should pursue.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I think as stated before that the government and commercials are in for a big shock when rod licenses are introduced for sea anglers.

They will find themselves looking at a million plus block a voice to be listened to, we may not get much to start with Sam, but once united by a license which will be a big wake up call look out BB.

Hi Ken,

I would love to agree with you; nothing would make me happier. But, no matter which way it is looked at, the British people just put up with the sh1t that our government continually rains on us from a great height. As much as I hate it myself, we do not have the mentality of the French. I have always been one who stands up to be counted, but on most occasions I find myself standing alone. These days, British people have a "feel bad factor". All we ever do is complain; in pubs, cafés and on forums. We don't act. Sadly for us, our government is very aware of this fundamental fact, and treat us accordingly.

JB

Edited by John and Michele

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Wurzel I know you dont belive in over fishing, global warming, climate change or farther christmas. But that facts speek for themselves, look at the cod, loasa little fish not many big fish, with a mls of 35cm what should we expect.

I dont blame commercial fishermen, who can blame them for wanting to catch more fish to earn more money and better their life styles? its the government I blame! they managed the fishery so ruddy badly.

I do not think its fair for rsa to pay a lisence just on a promiss from DEFRA that they have a 20 year plan!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

These threads are pointless, you are going to get two choices buy a licence or stop fishing end of story.

If anglers can pick clean a wreck 25 miles off why can't they pick clean a mark from the

shore?

Wurzel that statement has to the most daftest thing i have ever heard i thought you new about angling my lord .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Wurzel that statement has to the most daftest thing i have ever heard i thought you new about angling my lord .

Hello Wurzel,

I was unaware of your title. Please forgive my ignorance. Are you a peer of the realm, a lord chief justice, or our saviour? My money’s on your being our saviour!

JB

Edited by John and Michele

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Hello Wurzel,

I was unaware of your title. Please forgive my ignorance. Are you a peer of the realm, a lord chief justice, or our saviour? My money’s on your being our saviour!

JB

Lord Wurzel, Na ain't got the reverance as the other aristo on here, Lord Mullet. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

shore?

They cant wurzel, if there is **** all there mate can they? as an example local club match the other day, 25 seriously good match anglers fished for five hours resulting in three bootlace eels and one just sizeable sole, conditions ideal with a nice bit of colour from a nice s/w chop on a rising tide, that equates to me as CRAP!! fishing and to any other person who as an ounce of sense, the problem has always been the local nets around here and i say balls!! to any license unless nets are got rid out to atleast a mile, preferably three! why dont you fishermen grow up and accept some of the blame for making this country's shoreline a barren desert for fish stocks, until you do i dont see any point in you guys trying to have constructed dialogue with sea anglers what so ever, ta ta................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I would pay a lisence fee for the golden mile.

But would you pay a license fee for the 'promise' of the golden mile?

There is plenty of money available from RSA already.

Levying a sea angling license will be counter-productive in raising money.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net