discarding

hastfish

missed the point toerag ,discarding is killing a now healthy stock.meaning less for every one and a disgusting waste of food and a source of income and sport. afraid the only muppets about are the suits who discide qoutas,ones that cant see past there bigoted views and the ones in my tackle box.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

missed the point toerag ,discarding is killing a now healthy stock.meaning less for every one and a disgusting waste of food and a source of income and sport. afraid the only muppets about are the suits who discide qoutas,ones that cant see past there bigoted views and the ones in my tackle box.

Tell us your view on preventing discard and more importantly the protection of the stock to ensure that it stays there and is given the chance to increase to prevent boom and bust stock cycles.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Wide awake thank you Wurzel, i asked that as i would like to see a twenty pounder on the ground let alone throw it back dead. Just how many of these twenty pounders did you throw back. Why don't you film it like the other guys did last year,mind you on camera i didn't see many twenties or fifteen pounders for that matter. Might just make shaw increase the quota allowance, however seeing that the shareout is so balanced it won't be the undertens getting any of it, just the overtens and armchair minority. Who's fault was that.

I happen to agree with you regarding posturing as to date no one can come up with any data how many closures Lochheads fishermen have had to endure. Has it been more than one?

Ever consider chartering, there must be loads of anglers around who would like to fish your cod marks. :whistling:

Hello wide awake Barry

You are still getting confused (as usual) by the catch of one very small trawler trying to make a point fishing a patch of hard ground just off Hartlepool and the big picture of the rest of the UK fleet.

By posturing I meant the effect ness of the scheme not how many they implemented, as they implemented several. As I understand it and I'm not sure as it did not effect me, it was a deal done with Brussels so as the boats that signed up for it gained extra days at sea or retained the days they would have lost in the cod recovery plan.

The area that they closed off here in the south east was policed by a navy protection vessel who regally gave out the coordinates on the VHF, thing is as far as I know there was not a boat fishing to the scheme with in 500 miles so as far as I'm aware nobody took any notice.

PS I have a photo on my phone but no gismo to down load it, if you pm your mobile number I’ll send it to you.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Tell us your view on preventing discard and more importantly the protection of the stock to ensure that it stays there and is given the chance to increase to prevent boom and bust stock cycles.

You might as well try stopping the tide from coming in while your at it.

I fish to live and live to fish.

why is it that noone has mentioned what is going on with the cods at the moment. has no one got a comment about the disgusting waste of fish,future fish and what it is doing to the sea bed. I know a few out there would like us to dissapear leaving all the fish just for them .but afew know that the cods are at a level not seen for many a year and the angling press are telling us about cod galore....

but the numbers of discards is reaching disgusting levels and no one seems to be shouting.boats here are having to dump anything from 10lb to 300lb per trip of cods from 1k up to 15k,and were still fishing for soles and before i get paul joy and his fellow criminals shouted at me this is a different case andits worthy of proper discussion.because discarding is being talked about all over europe,norway seems to be shouting the loudest while our suits bury there heads.

Hi Hastfish

QUOTE/ having to dump anything from 10lb to 300lb per trip of cods from 1k up to 15k,and were still fishing for soles

I take it that you mean bottom set nets left to fish on a long soak time ie overnight that is producing your cod discards, so much for these nets being selective and sustainable in the way they are fished

I hear the Brighton fishermen are discarding as much as 15 x 25 kilo boxes of cod in there bottom set sole nets per day.

Perhaps you should tends these bottom set nets and haul them every so often and release the cods alive thats responsable fishing you know, not go home to bed and then moan and groan about the amount of discards you have the next day and then blame Defra and the EU.

I am trawling for sole and are getting alot of cod so we are hauling every half hour and are returning about 90% of our cod alive its hard work doing such short tows however I am trying to be responsable towards the future of the cod stocks, which seams to be wasted by how people work bottom set nets.

QUOTE/ and before i get paul joy and his fellow criminals shouted at me

This is the reason why I have not joined the NUTFA

QUOTE/ this is a different case andits worthy of proper discussion.

Whether you like it or not I am putting my veiw to your discussion

The situation is what it is and we all have to do what is best to protect our future resource and income, perhaps some people need to shape up to the task

Regards steve

Edited by steve good

As the annual quota was so small they had a choice of trying to eek it out by being allowed to catch just a few box's a month for twelve months of the year which is not much use to any body or while there was not any other fish to fish for have enough quota to earn some thing with for just two months hoping that after the two months was up there would be some soles and plaice to catch, it was always obvious that there would be problems at the end of the year, perhaps you could help by coming up with a sensible solution and in the grand scheme of things shed loads is not an appropriate description more like a wheel barrow full. Muppet!

Hi Peter

Nice to see you are back

We are in area v11d and our cod season runs from October to December

This year the cod quota was taken by the end of January we landed no cod, Hasting and the south east landed the whole quota, landing afew boxes of cod would have given us something instead we earnt nothing from the cod fishery and no track record either

We are taking steps to lessen the cod discards and for what so other people can catch the quote in a less sustainable and responsble way than us is that really fair

Maybe I should do the same as the MOB do long tows and SHOVEL back loads of dead cod, and then blame Defra and the EU for it, I am not earning anything from the cod fishery why should I not do the same as every one esle, being responsible and having a conscience springs to mind.

Fishermen need to do whats best for their fisheries it has gone beyond what the so called managers are capable of doing they do not care whether fishermen earn any thing or not, they just want to protect their jobs and pensions

Everything is just a bloody mess and I see no future for commercials or anglers

Kind Regards

steve

Edited by steve good

Steve has my respect over these issues (and my support, although that accounts for booger all).

Discards are disgraceful at a time when many countries are short of food and protein in particular.

We should harness, harvest and market those fish which are:

1. mature enough to have added to the biomass/population.

2. have an environment and food web which allows them to do this.

3. can be 'culled'(used for human food) in a sustainable way.

My old town of Bognor was able to do this with static gear for crab/lobster and trammels etc for sole and bream.

I'm afraid for the 'commercials' that we are (politically) going towards this sustainability and folks like Steve will probably lead the way into a new ways of providing food and hopefully at prices which allow him to make a living.

When I see 5 tonnes of marketable fish being discarded because tomorrow means a better harvest ...

well, that needs a severe penalty.

IMHO.

<_<

Hello wide awake Barry

You are still getting confused (as usual) by the catch of one very small trawler trying to make a point fishing a patch of hard ground just off Hartlepool and the big picture of the rest of the UK fleet.

PS I have a photo on my phone but no gismo to down load it, if you pm your mobile number I’ll send it to you.

Ha Ha Ha,

The only confusion i suffered was when the minister was duped into increasing the quota at that time because of it, he used that as an example of the norm. i won't forget the part of the video where they were shuffling the wriggling fish on the deck into baskets, moving on the video showed them throwing back dead fish afterwards, that was a classic. Just confused as to why the minister fell for it.

Not sure if me phone can receive photo's Wurzel as it is like me, quite old and (confused).

Thank you Steve Good for detailing that there are methods of fishing to prevent discard in particular the big boys are bleating about, knowing that they will be shovelling tons of dead over board. They carry on bleating and making a meal out of it, the men in suits just might come up with something that will be even more draconian.

Regarding quota allowance, that should be given to the guys who can demonstrate fishing responsibility and not to those with the biggest pockets.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Hastfish

QUOTE/ having to dump anything from 10lb to 300lb per trip of cods from 1k up to 15k,and were still fishing for soles

I take it that you mean bottom set nets left to fish on a long soak time ie overnight that is producing your cod discards, so much for these nets being selective and sustainable in the way they are fished

I hear the Brighton fishermen are discarding as much as 15 x 25 kilo boxes of cod in there bottom set sole nets per day.

Perhaps you should tends these bottom set nets and haul them every so often and release the cods alive thats responsable fishing you know, not go home to bed and then moan and groan about the amount of discards you have the next day and then blame Defra and the EU.

I am trawling for sole and are getting alot of cod so we are hauling every half hour and are returning about 90% of our cod alive its hard work doing such short tows however I am trying to be responsable towards the future of the cod stocks, which seams to be wasted by how people work bottom set nets.

QUOTE/ and before i get paul joy and his fellow criminals shouted at me

This is the reason why I have not joined the NUTFA

QUOTE/ this is a different case andits worthy of proper discussion.

Whether you like it or not I am putting my veiw to your discussion

The situation is what it is and we all have to do what is best to protect our future resource and income, perhaps some people need to shape up to the task

Regards steve

never thought I,d say this but........ well said that man :clap::clap::clap: