fishing for carp while they spawn?

henda11

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know the carp are spawning around this time but could you give me a few tips on how to up my chances of catching while they spawn?

That's simple, don't bother, just leave them alone!!!1

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

That's simple, don't bother, just leave them alone!!!1

Yes, leave them to it. They won't be interesting in feeding anyway.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've never known spawning carp to be interested in feeding, but regardless of that it's not very sporting to try to catch them when they've got their pants down. They used to be protected by the closed season, but alas these days they don't get a moment's peace :(

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have never known spawning carp to feed. They will feed before and after and will feed if water temperatures drop during the spawning period but anyone who has seen carp actually spawning will tell you that they are totally focussed on one thing........and thats not feeding.

Given the choice of a bit of grub or getting their fin over, they go for the latter every time :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i know the carp are spawning around this time but could you give me a few tips on how to up my chances of catching while they spawn?

agree just don't bother i aint fished 4 carp in the last 2 weeks cos they is getting ready to spawn....and i don't think its fair to carry on fishing for em....its a stressfull time for the fish and catching them will just cause more stress.....which can lead to fish not getting rid of ther spawn becoming spawnbound which can often kill the fish.......its happened a few times on our lake which is why no one will fish for em at the mo.....just look at the world record carp last week it got caught then died during spawning......in a way i feel its a bit irresponsable to fish for ANY spawning fish...not worth risking the life of a fish just to get a trophy shot!! :angry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by scoop

agree just don't bother i aint fished 4 carp in the last 2 weeks cos they is getting ready to spawn....and i don't think its fair to carry on fishing for em....its a stressfull time for the fish and catching them will just cause more stress.....which can lead to fish not getting rid of ther spawn becoming spawnbound which can often kill the fish.......its happened a few times on our lake which is why no one will fish for em at the mo.....just look at the world record carp last week it got caught then died during spawning......in a way i feel its a bit irresponsable to fish for ANY spawning fish...not worth risking the life of a fish just to get a trophy shot!! :angry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An admirable attitude fellah.

Interestingly some of the smaller, big fish waters, over here have a stock of big females but not sufficient males to enable spawning. That is often the reason that the big old girls keel over around spawning time....they can cope with one of two years of not getting rid of the eggs but any more and they are at risk.