Anglers charged under Terrorism Laws

Leon Roskilly

what ever the out come i`m afraid its the tax payers that will foot the bill ,we will hopefully both be "proved " right and happiness will again fall on AN and angling :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APPLICATION FOR THE REGISTRATION OF LAND WHICH BECAME A TOWN OR VILLAGE GREEN AFTER 02 JANUARY 1970 (FORM CL30)

Guidance Notes (to be read in conjunction with the Notes on the Form)

Form CR30 is a prescribed form under the Commons Registration (New Land) Regulations 1969 (SI 1969/1843). Applicants should note, however, that the definition of a town or village green as set out in Note 4 to the Form (and by implication in Note 5(3)) has been amended by Section 98 of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.

The effect of Section 98 is to substitute the definition set out in Note 4© with the following:-

“© on which for not less than 20 years a significant number of the inhabitants of any locality or of any neighbourhood within a locality have indulged in lawful sports and pastimes as of right and either

(a) continue to do so, or

(B) have ceased to do so for not more than such period as may be prescribed or determined in accordance with prescribed provisions"

No regulations have yet been made to prescribe the period referred to in (B) above.

To enable the Council as Registration Authority to process an application for the Registration of a new green without delay, please remember:-

to complete all the Parts comprised in the form

Part 5 needs to set out clearly the grounds on which it is claimed the land became a green. Most applicants rely on the grounds set out in Note 5(3) (as amended). This needs to be set out in full - the omission of any part may result in the rejection of the application as not being properly made.

supporting documents should include:-

(1) evidence of not less than twenty years use up to the date specified in Part 4 and continuing up to the date of the application (or up to the date such use ceased and the reason for such cessation);

(2) details (preferably by reference to a map) of the relevant locality or neighbourhood within a locality and the numbers of inhabitants of that locality or neighbourhood claimed to have used the land;

(3) details of the sports and pastimes claimed to have been indulged in by the inhabitants; and

(4) the basis on which such use is claimed to have been "as of right".

to sign and date the application on page 6 as well as to swear the Statutory Declaration on page 7 in the presence of a qualified person (e.g. Solicitor, Licensed Conveyancer or Justice of the Peace)

there is currently no charge for making an application;

advice in connection with an application for a new green (including a suggested evidence form for completion by local inhabitants) can be obtained from the Open Spaces Society of 25a Bell Street, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, RG9 2BA. The Registration Authority cannot advise on the merits of any application

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

cant anyone explain the magna carta thing to me?

its just that areas of portland bill, areas around lulworth, poole harbour are completely private due to the MOD bases...so I would expect probably a non-commercial authority to be able to seal a set of docks off from public rights of access perhaps under the same premise.

There have to be a number of ranges around the UK where shore access is either limited or removed, where its possible to fish on a boat but not advisable to lumps of metal flying about.

i suspect a village green will sprout from whence only dock cranes once stood,but unfortunatly unless its one now little use to our freinds :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, get your head out of your Butt and stop being negative.

The laws on this are not 'as it is now' but as it has been.

If you can PROVE...... 'unrestricted access' for sports by a 'proportion' of the 'public' over 20 years then an area, after a public enquiry, can be deemed a Village Green and after which cannot (except in certain circumstances) be developed but certainly the 'public' cannot be prevented from enjoying the rights excersised (ie free access) over the years.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge_Vitae. Excxellent reply and idea on access. I will pass your suggestion on to the legal team. By the way, the Borough Council which safeguarded rights of access with clauses in all docks acts since 1906 designates the access for " promanading and recreational uses " I would think fishing comes under recreational, therefore stopping on a right of way does not raise its complicating head. Thanks for your positivity.

We should do our utmost to protect the right of acess to any public place.

At the same time we should take our rubbish home and act responsibly towards other users.

No poster on Anglers Net would leave plastic bait packets, discarded line and hooks lying around.

I have been to marks where a quick clean up is required unless I want to fish in a rubbish dump.

[ 16. November 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

Arthur Negus:

Having read the posts in this thread,and on other sites,it is clear that the majority have no idea of the facts behind everything. Either they don`t understand,or they can`t be bothered to get the full story.

Well Gee Whiz Arthur - I'd love to read the facts behind everything. Would you be willing to post them?

Probably best to start with angling though or else split the facts and put the non-angling ones in the non-angling section.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President