Anglers charged under Terrorism Laws

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all - Just a point. These anglers were arrested not just for fishing there, but also FOR TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS! And, apparently they hadn't caught any fish - so what were they photographing? So before we all go off half cocked, lets get our facts right and that meabs waiting for ALL the details to come out.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest jay_con

I thought we lived in a free country? Now were told where we can go and when, what we can and cant photograph, what we can and cant say, what we can hunt and what we cant. why?

Fair enough if your a terrorist then you should be dealt with. If your an honest uk citizen (black, white green or red) who wants to take photographs, go fishing, walking, hunting or whatever else you choose to do what the hell has it got to do with anyone else.

Are these guys terrorists? if so I think the relavent agencies will have enough info on them to stop them doing any harm. If they are a couple of daft scouse lads out for a bit of angling then just leave them be.

Talk about Big brother is watching. shame as much effort wasnt put into locking up all the skippers who have illegally ruined our hobbey in the name of capitalism.

Guest jay_con

Before long we will be allowed out of our homes 8 hours per day to go to work. 1 hour per week for shopping, and 1 hour per day for exercise (youll probably need a pass for this luxery), rest of the time we will be indoors on a curfew.

Funney how george orwell knew what was coming.

Hi Winter,

Yep its a free country.

Everyone is able to walk about freely, and go about their daily lives.

What they need to realise is, there are needed exceptions to the rule.

Would you honestly expect to be allowed to walk into any establishmet, in ANY country, and do as you please.

These two guys dropped a perverbial Bo***ck .

You say that the skippers should be locked up , WHY , cant they do as they please as well ??

Again, some of us want big brother, but only when it suits us at the time.

Cant have it both ways.

Guest jay_con

we shall agree to disagree, I just think things have gone a little too far. Are these guys really a threat to our national security.

Guest jay_con

I agree with chesters, if people are doing something they shouldnt be then there is enough laws to be able to deal with them. If you wanna go fishing/take pics then why shouldnt you?

seems a bit strange when it may be against the law to photograph (although i havent seen any signs to say so) warships in pompey harbour but when theres a little entrance fee involved and many more ships berthed on navy day its expected ,what national security law are these chaps breaking maybe taking a few snaps of rusting freighters or seagulls :confused: it seams a club has the monopoly of who and who doesent fish there ,maybe a bit of "entrance fee" was being circumvented :D

port company "hmmm these chaps havent paid ,how can we get rid of them without hassel to us....ah terrorism act",

ring ring "hello police"

port company "theres a couple of chaps fishing and taking a few pics without paying"

police "so whats it to do with us???",

port company "they could be terrorists"

police "we`l be straight there"

[ 06. November 2004, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sea ports, like airports, have to be security conscious. Whats wrong with that? It could be your life at stake. If there were notices setting out the rules then those who break them stand to be prosecuted. Where's the problem with that? Sea ports have always been the soft option if anyone wanted to attack this country. A loaded ferry with its bottom blown out could result from no security. Which option would you rather have?

Proberbly, hopefully not......but how about the next two ??

These two guys are proberbly a couple of hapless fisherman, but the authorities have to check, and take measures to stop others ignoreing the boundries.

If its proven they have links to terrorism what would our feelings be then !?

Would we still kick big brother in the Knackers.

Or thank our lucky stars, they are there to protect us and our familys.

YY