Bic Bilbao Angler test.

maidstonemike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have got to be having alaugh :headhurt: Saw this vessel in action at tywyn the other week and quite frankly I wouldnt set out in it on the boating lake at alton towers :yucky: Sorry if that upsets some one but some times you have to bite the bullet and be honest! If your happy with a skoda then fire away!! All these websites firing awy and giving rave reviews on free bees are doing a great diservice <_<

Ok Prowler 13

Totally agree with all the others(WELL BIASED REVIEW)they make good pens though :thumbs:

Hope no one believes it,as SpeciMan says a beginner could get the wrong idea :headhurt:

another website jumping on the you give me freebies and I'll give you a good review bandwagon :yucky:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Freebies .. ! What Freebies . ???

The Bilbao Kayak was tested and reviewed within a 7 days period and promptly returned to the supplier. As for the Kayak it is a perfectly good, sound and responsive kayak ... Have you actually TRIED one .! ... probably not.

As for getting Freebies ........ well if you call having to return the kayak in as good a condition as it was sent to me in .... then NO it wasnt a Freebie and NO i didnt get to keep it nor was it even a factor in my intention to test it. I wanted to test it because i liked the look of it as many others do ...... simple .!

Hi Volusian

A couple of questions I hope you don't mind answering.

Is there a tankwell for a crate?

Is there a suitable area where a fishfinder can be mounted?

How easy do you think it would be to rig up an anchor trolley on this kayak - are there existing fittings which can be used?

You mentioned its suitable for touring does that include on the sea as well and what daily mileage do you think you could average in light conditions?

Would camping gear fit inside the hull?

How did it fair going against the current up river and against the tide in wind.

The answers to these questions are in part what I would look for in a review if I were choosing a kayak.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I know of a few newcomers who have had read 10/10 reviews like this only to go on and choose the wrong kayak for their needs.

I'm sure its a great kayak for what its designed for. Its short length would make for easy storage like the Mini X.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hadn't realised who wrote the article till now.

Now I do know that explains everything :headhurt:

A newcomer could read that review and think its suitable for fishing the UK coastline

and one could write it too :headhurt:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Bilbao: Its French Industrial Design Award notwithstanding, I liked the Bilbao least of all. I found the boat to have an ungainly appearance due to a swollen looking back deck. Best suited for medium to small ponds and lakes, it is not especially fast. It redeemed its looks somewhat with its extra stability, good tracking and nice handling. A very stable boat and perfect for beginners not traveling far.

Now thats a balanced review :rolleyes:

i'd love to know how it got 10/10 or indeed how any vessel gets 10/10!! to reccomend it as a fishing Kayak surely you would need to fish from it??

Ok Prowler 13