OK Prowler Trident

SpeciMan

The ability to store rods in the hull via the center console would be a welcome feature for me. Not sure about the fishfinder wave deflector. Look forward to reading more about this model.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to store rods in the hull via the center console would be a welcome feature for me. Not sure about the fishfinder wave deflector. Look forward to reading more about this model.

Agree. Think they've missed an opportunity to provide a way of routing the FF cables directly through to the hull from underneath the base or elsewhere in the compartment. Basically, people don't want to have to cut or drill holes in their nice new yak and if they've gone to all that trouble to design a compartment for the FF, they should have thought of that too imho. Probably be on the next model though, eh? ;)

(I must admit the centre hatch is a very nice feature)

Edited by paintfly

Agree. Think they've missed an opportunity to provide a way of routing the FF cables directly through to the hull from underneath the base or elsewhere in the compartment. Basically, people don't want to have to cut or drill holes in their nice new yak and if they've gone to all that trouble to design a compartment for the FF, they should have thought of that too imho. Probably be on the next model though, eh? ;)

(I must admit the centre hatch is a very nice feature)

Well, seeing as you're listening Andrew, what about something along these lines? (Scuse the crap drawing btw)

FFBase.jpg

Being copied by a major manufacturer is flattery indeed!!

We have had the hatch between your legs on the Dorado for 6 years now.......takes a 9 foot rod taken in half and fish up to 100lbs or so in weight!!

What will they think of next? !

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Being copied by a major manufacturer is flattery indeed!!

We have had the hatch between your legs on the Dorado for 6 years now.......takes a 9 foot rod taken in half and fish up to 100lbs or so in weight!!

What will they think of next? !

And we created fibreglass sit on tops in 1971 (then we moved forward)....your move!?...

:-)

Andrew

Well, seeing as you're listening Andrew, what about something along these lines? (Scuse the crap drawing btw)

FFBase.jpg

It's an excellent drawing....

It is available in chandleries & goes under the name of a cable gland. We have played with splitting one of these to allow the large end (which, for efficient working cannot be removed) of the transducer cable through & it has worked after a fashion. I think many kayakers have experimented similarly but the problem is that you really need something that allows the width of the end through yet seals round the width of a wire (it's a male dream!)..I would welcome feedback from anyone who has had success with any brand so we can share that knowledge?

We'll keep trying!

Regards

Andrew

(JO UK)

how about making the fish finder bodies bright yellow or orange so that if they become detached they can be spotted in the water easier andrew? wouldn't cost too much i'd have thought or require any extra research or development(plus it would colour co-ordinate with my yak then).

Edited by snakey1

Found this from another site

Quote:

"All you have to do is put your soft-side cooler in that center hatch for your fish, and it's about $1200 bucks less than a Dorado!!"

Er, excuse me? A Trident Angler with a rudder is $1339 and a fully rigged Kaskazi Dorado is $1795...cost difference $396.

A Trident Angler "package deal" is $2439!

And sure, you could put a soft sided cooler in that center hatch and keep your bluegills in it!

On the brighter side, it does seem to be a BIG step in the right direction. I'd like to know what the true weight of it is, and not the advertised weight.

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse