OK Prowler Trident

SpeciMan

If we shout loud enough they will build anything we want :)

We are their customers...

Unfortunately not enough kayak fisherman yet so it is a small market!

O.K lets try

MAKE A PROWLER WITH SLIDEY FOOTPEGS

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K lets try

MAKE A PROWLER WITH SLIDEY FOOTPEGS

:thumbs:

OR ELSE

:bigemo_harabe_net-191:

:)

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Lot of noise coming from the valleys look you!

Now check the pics more closely!!!!

Regards

Andrew

(GB - please make cheque not love!!)

Valley's ? I'm a Pembrokeshire lad, little England beyond Wales :P

Seriously though Andrew I see the slidey's in the pic but it's those nobbly bits under them I dont like. Never mind you cant have it all.

Oh! and my love is more stable than my cheque's and probably worth more after the summer hols are over :headhurt:

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

JRT

Thanks for your kind observation on the looks...

All I can suggest is that you try it...Most of the other manufacturers have copied our designs over the years...it's called the sincerest form of flattery but the reason (& please forgive the plug but it is fact based) that we sell more boats than the rest put together is that we innovate - you lead or you follow!

The FF hatch in common with most of the features is a response to demand from yak fishermen, it serves the dual function of spray deflection & protection when folded & as a sunshield for the screen when raised. If you prefer to use it as deck space then you can - there's a handy space beneath & you can get at the back of the lid to fit nuts to bolts...could it be more versatile :-)?

As for seats we supply two versions (one much vaunted on this & other forums but with our logo & some extra accessory options added)but our pretty average fittings are designed & placed to take most of the accessory back rests on the market - my favourite backrest is the cheapest we do because it suits my back - it's about preference you see?

My apologies if this sounds defensive - I'm paid to say nice things about Ocean Kayaks...I have also sat my biased butt in this boat & paddled it for a couple of miles & think it will have broad appeal particularly to those who are venturing a little further in search of productive marks...we try to cover most of the bases hence the size of the range.

Hoping that we'll have it for the Southampton Boat Show (14th-23rd September) or a little before..BO54 is the stand number & we have toffees!!

Regards

Andrew

(Johnson Outdoors UK)

Andrew, nothing wrong with promoting your own product :thumbs: However examples of fittings that I would improve on the OK Trident would be decent cut-outs under the handles so you don't smash your knuckles when lifting the yak. Paddle keeper integrated with the handles to reduce the number of eyelets. Flat floor as I find the ridges hurt my heels after a while. Move the rod/fish hatch forward so there is room to sit side-saddle. Maybe reduce the height of this hatch so that there is more room to move your legs around?

On the LL Manta I really like the idea of the drain plug on the side so you don't have to up end the yak to drain it.

I still think the built in seats are the best as they don't slip like the after market ones.

Just some ideas. But I think the rest of the Tident is really nice.

See you at the boat show.

JRT