Cod?

Guest Elton

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cod fishing off my beaches is finished kaput gone done and dusted a none starter now a thing of the very distant pass and aint gonna come back. any body who says different as regards not so off of the east sussex shore line including the once cod mecca dungeness" are kidding themselves otherwise. with that said the smoothhound fishing aint bad in the summer though. now all we need is something to replace the extinct cod for the winter......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Summers' best weighed as much as the four or five beach cod I landed and returned in the Bury Port area, but a number of fish weighing in at 8 to 12lbs were reported this year.

Flounders have all been smaller rather than larger this year. Last year I caught several 2lb plus, this year 11/2bl has been the largest.

Plenty of bass thanks to the adjacent nursery areas, still haven't cracked 5lb from the beach.

Bait cost have remained the same, rag, lug £5 for half a pound.

Average cost per beach section £5 plus petrol for 28 miles.

[ 25. June 2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist