woodlakes

josh187

• 4 weeks later...
just wondered if anyone has fished for the carp in the championship lake did you catch any carp and any good baits any advice would be good thanks

I'm going there next week and going to give it a try, if I manage to catch I'll report back. Last time all we had out was an eel.

Tony

Tony

I'm going there next week and going to give it a try, if I manage to catch I'll report back. Last time all we had out was an eel.

hi every one i go woodlakes alot in a year and been there 12 times now i always fish the championship lake and its a brilliant lake with alot of fish ive caught being over 20lb wid the biggest 27lbs also all u need to do is fish bright bates fruity bates with a fair bit of boilie free offerings all u need to do is fish from the island or spit as u call it just walk onto spit do a right wait awy theres a couple of swims on right wchich can produce good takes close to bushes but the best swim is straight in front if u go into swim u look straight acroos tiny bit to right and theres a corner theresa swans nest usualy there fish about 5 feet from corner reeds and some free oferongs always produces really quick for me u can also fish this swim from the right in between reeds bt best fished from actual swim layout it self

also the main lake at front where lodges are theres a massive swim on right like a double swim just to right of willows lodges from this swim u can wack a rod right acroos to far bushes and bait up r#produces alot of the bigger fish in that lake and thaerss a bar 7o yard across aswell

hope this info helps any more in fo just ask and i will tell u

j.green

just walk onto spit do a right wait awy theres a couple of swims on right wchich can produce good takes close to bushes but the best swim is straight in front if u go into swim u look straight acroos tiny bit to right and theres a corner theresa swans nest usualy there fish about 5 feet from corner reeds and some free oferongs always produces really quick for me u can also fish this swim from the right in between reeds bt best fished from actual swim layout it self

here - ? (Choose Placemark 17 from the left hand frame)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...p;z=17&om=1

also the main lake at front where lodges are theres a massive swim on right like a double swim just to right of willows lodges from this swim u can wack a rod right acroos to far bushes and bait up r#produces alot of the bigger fish in that lake and thaerss a bar 7o yard across aswell

here ? (Choose Placemark 18 from the left hand frame)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...p;z=17&om=1

Tony

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

ive just come back last saturday from a holiday there, and i had a wonderful time fishing in cabin 3, (the first cabin you see as you come into the gate, with two swims) i had plenty of double figure carp and very luckily i beat my pb twice! two 22's and a 23, couldnt ask for more. ive found that at the moment they seem to feed best after dark and in the margins. seems to be the best place and time for 'em. also i was using 14mm fusion boilies and 15mm source.

• 2 weeks later...
the first google map is right but the second map marked 18 u need togo up 1 inch on map and tiny bit right and theres a sand swim this is the swim

From the sand swim (I was one of the lads that got a free season ticket for helping out and creating that swim), fish one to the very tip of the point (Are the steps still there?? if yes, get as close as possible (within 2ft) with a hand full of boilies over the top, or the method using trout pellets. Its a known patrol route for the carp and has always been a very productive spot.

The next swims (the double swim) to the right of that are "the bags" which from the left had one of the 2 theres a 6ft round patch of gravel which used to be very productive when fished with brightly coloured fruity or really stinky fishy baits over hemp and groats.

Also from the bags swim, fish towards the telegraph pole on the opposite bank, get very close and you`ll be on clear gravel. If its still possible to walk round, bait up with groats, hemp and if allowed a few tigers and you`ll haul.

I fished there for over a decade and know those 2 swims like the back of my hand.

post-903-1187836038_thumb.jpg

hey there can anyone tell me where this lake is an is it hard fishing, ive been fishing at crow green fisheries an caught nufin, im looking 4 a good lake wiv a nice range of size carp any 1 help, im in essex an sometimes in suffolk so i dont mind traveling,

Hi chadders and welcome.

You will do better on here with English than with txt tlk.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...