Anchor trolly for Tarpon 120

Dawsie

1. has anyone rigged an anchor trolly to a Tarpon 120 angler on here? if so, would appreciate details/photos.

2. Anyone living near to Llantwit Major, would be good to arrange some fishing trips.

Blimey! there has been over 70 viewings, but obviously no one knows anything about rigging an anchor trolly to Tarpon 120, and no one apart from me lives near Llantwit Major!!!

Ah well, time to up anchor and move on (thats if I could rig an anchor).

Cheers anyway

Blimey! there has been over 70 viewings, but obviously no one knows anything about rigging an anchor trolly to Tarpon 120, and no one apart from me lives near Llantwit Major!!!

Cheers anyway

Lo Dawsie

Welcome first off!!!

I've just rigged up my Tarpon 140, I aint sure how much different it is to the 120 in that respect, but will try and get some photo's for you in the coming days, misses is due to pop anyday now shortly so can't guarantee anything!

There are quite a few from the Cardiff area, myself included, I work there but live down West way! Where do you normally yak out of?

Don't be put off, you'll find them a pretty friendly bunch here with plenty of info to be had!

Cheers

Kayak: Tarpon 140 (Camo)

I had a T120 pre-rigged with a trolley by Tom on this site, and a very good job he did to. Heres a pic. Dead easy to do, especially if you use rivets for the eyelets.

Cheers

JRT

DSCF0001b.JPG

Lo Dawsie

Welcome first off!!!

I've just rigged up my Tarpon 140, I aint sure how much different it is to the 120 in that respect, but will try and get some photo's for you in the coming days, misses is due to pop anyday now shortly so can't guarantee anything!

There are quite a few from the Cardiff area, myself included, I work there but live down West way! Where do you normally yak out of?

Don't be put off, you'll find them a pretty friendly bunch here with plenty of info to be had!

Cheers

Cheers anyway

Thanks 'M', I was beginning to wonder if I was wasting my time, interesting to read that there are other paddlers from the Cardiff and surrounding areas in here,so if you people are reading this, would be great to make contact.

Oh, and best wishes on your new arrival, is it your first?

Dawsie

I had a T120 pre-rigged with a trolley by Tom on this site, and a very good job he did to. Heres a pic. Dead easy to do, especially if you use rivets for the eyelets.

Cheers

JRT

DSCF0001b.JPG

JRT, you are a star! at least your pic gives me something to go by, did you rig both sides? was it worth rigging (as in did it work well?) any chance of giving me materials list?

For materials and similar instructions I would go to Starvin Marvin's site (http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk). Johnsons do pop rivets and the eyelets. The rest you can get from your nearest chandlery or diy store.

I personally think you only need to rig one side, depending on how you fish. On my new yak I put the trolley on right side as I fly/lure fish so my natural fishing angle is to the left. This gives me the widest fishing angle without having to twist my body.

JRT

Been having problems with my photo account but sorted now.

I would only rig the port side so you can fit a rudder at a later date if wanted.

Here ya go.

All you need to do is follow the trolley system on anglers afloat main site in the projects for the correct gear and with the tarpon just add a few extra pad eyes. http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

Front end

yaklaunches019.jpg

Closer look, note the extra pad eye to keep the lines below the gunwale, both lines need to go through this one.

yaklaunches010.jpg

Rear end

yaklaunches018.jpg

Closer look

yaklaunches008e.jpg

The extra pad eye for the rear, only the top line needs to go through this one.

yaklaunches009e.jpg

Hope this helps.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Thanks 'M', I was beginning to wonder if I was wasting my time, interesting to read that there are other paddlers from the Cardiff and surrounding areas in here,so if you people are reading this, would be great to make contact.

Oh, and best wishes on your new arrival, is it your first?

Dawsie

Hi Dawsie,

Yes there are quite a few from the Cardiff and surrounding area, where do you plan to yak from? Ogmore area or further West?

My setup is pretty much along the lines of GB's only I dont have the extra eyepads on mine I use the rope majobbymathings just above!

I've set up anchor trolley on both sides on mine although have really only used the left side (probably because I am right handed, and easier to pull up)

No number 3, popped out yesterday morning, a little boy, another yakker in the family to keep me company now!!!!

If your heading down this way give me a pm and you can test out the 140 assuming the better halve allows!

cheers

Kayak: Tarpon 140 (Camo)