Anchor trolly for Tarpon 120

Dawsie

Hi Dawsie,

Yes there are quite a few from the Cardiff and surrounding area, where do you plan to yak from? Ogmore area or further West?

My setup is pretty much along the lines of GB's only I dont have the extra eyepads on mine I use the rope majobbymathings just above!

I've set up anchor trolley on both sides on mine although have really only used the left side (probably because I am right handed, and easier to pull up)

No number 3, popped out yesterday morning, a little boy, another yakker in the family to keep me company now!!!!

If your heading down this way give me a pm and you can test out the 140 assuming the better halve allows!

cheers

Hi M,

Congradulations!! (are you going to tie a half hitch in it now, or are you planning to carry on breeding?).

I normally get in the water at Llantwit Major beach then drift and troll westwards down to a big sand bar just off Nash point where I spin for Bass, then I drift back with the flooding tide and try my luck just off shore (the theory is sound, but the fish are not always forthcoming).

Would definately be interested in doing a bit of fishing down your way, I

• 3 months later...

great detailed easy to follow pictures, got my pad eyes and rivits this morn so going to try this over the weekend!

ok, on the anglersafloat.co.uk site it says they used a thumb knot to secure the bungee and a barrel knot for the carabineer and ring. can someone please explain how to tie these knots.

Anchor2.jpgAnchor6.jpg

this is what i think is the thumb knot which i use for heavy mono when tope fishing is it the same knot?

thumb_knot-blowup.gif

isn't a barrel knot used for attaching two pieces of rope together like a sheet bend but a lot more permanent, secure and same size rope?

Edited by cannonfodder