which is the best kayak and why

welshcaster

hi I'm new to this forum , I'm thinking of getting a fishing kayak but can't make my mind up to which one to get

I'm 6ft 5in tall and weigh 15st 8lb so i wont something that has plenty of room .

the wilderness tarpon 140 is the one I'm thinking of getting . but the ocean prowler and Malibu X factor also look very good.

any advice will be great

cheers

chris

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Welshcaster.

I have a t140 and rate it highly. I'm 6'2" 17st and fit it fine. The prowler is also an excellent kayak. I dont know about the Malibu kayaks as i've never tried one.

1 bit of advice, try before you buy. if your ever down Pembrokeshire way you would be more than welcome to try my tarpon.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Welcome Welshcaster.

I have a t140 and rate it highly. I'm 6'2" 17st and fit it fine. The prowler is also an excellent kayak. I dont know about the Malibu kayaks as i've never tried one.

1 bit of advice, try before you buy. if your ever down Pembrokeshire way you would be more than welcome to try my tarpon.

cheers thats great

Welcome Welshcaster.

cheers thats great

You need to be happy with your purchase...so try before you buy, even if you just get to sit in it to make sure you are comfy! I thought the Prowler 13 was the best until I got the Scupper Pro! Wilderness systems seem to be very well designed, but I've never paddled one.

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

You are welcome to try either th new Marlin or the Dorado - pictures in action on here somewhere if you look. I don't do computer wizardry!!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

:whistling:

:bigemo_harabe_net-183:

There is no BEST kayak, horses for courses but they can be reduced to a few depending on your circumstnces.

Think he does not recomend a Bic kayak :headhurt:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

You're wrong. Bucketboys is the best kayak. In the world. I've seen the pics.

Mind you, the kitchen sink would be far more tasteful if the taps were 22 carat instead of plated...

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

:whistling:

:whistling: :whistling: I can whistle too :whistling: :whistling: See it's not hard. What's your point ????

This guy is a newcomer and asking a question that takes some answering, if you are directing your dismisive :whistling: at him then you could be blowing him out before he gets a chance to find out what he is looking for. If you are directing it at someone else then state who so people dont get the wrong end of the stick.

If you've got nothing to say then dont waste time posting.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I