TFG Force 8 bivvy

mattie

I got a bit nervous reading some of the comments on the forum about the TFG force 8 bivvy as the wife and I got a bargain (well we thought so) in Fishtec's sale earlier this year. :unsure:

For various reasons, we had not had the chance to try it out until this weekend. No problems at all getting it up (ooer missus!) - we did a practice run at home first - and, with a little patience, managed to get folded down bivvy back in the bag OK. :thumbs:

There's a definte knack to it all, but I suppose that's true of most tents. Overall, a good bit of kit in our opinion.

Our chief weapon is surprise

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit nervous reading some of the comments on the forum about the TFG force 8 bivvy as the wife and I got a bargain (well we thought so) in Fishtec's sale earlier this year. :unsure:

For various reasons, we had not had the chance to try it out until this weekend. No problems at all getting it up (ooer missus!) - we did a practice run at home first - and, with a little patience, managed to get folded down bivvy back in the bag OK. :thumbs:

There's a definte knack to it all, but I suppose that's true of most tents. Overall, a good bit of kit in our opinion.

I had one and the leg joints broke, it was replaced and one of the fibreglass legs splintered , in the end it was replaced with a Trakker A lite . It was a one man version, it was just right for me ,ideal for a quick one nighter , nice and cosy , however I was disappointed with the quality of the legs and joints, There is definately a knack to "getting it up " , I am on the short side and I struggled, maybe thats why they broke ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Hi All

I have found with mine that you have to treat it with a bit more care than you normally would with a tent or one of the other bivvies on the market. I have found that if a gentle push does not have the desired effect then you are doing some thing wrong and its best to sit back and think about what it may be.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I am on the short side and I struggled, maybe thats why they broke ?

That's a good point Kestrel, didn't occur to me as I'm 6'2" and it wasn't a problem reaching the mechanism on the top!

I could see it would be an issue getting enough purchase to lock it up if you can't reach it properly.

Our chief weapon is surprise

That's a good point Kestrel, didn't occur to me as I'm 6'2" and it wasn't a problem reaching the mechanism on the top!

I could see it would be an issue getting enough purchase to lock it up if you can't reach it properly.

I am now with a pram style bivvy, that is easy to put up and pack away.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I was just thinking about buying one myself not so sure now.

Can anyone offer advice on an easily erected lightweight bivvy

as I dont drive and am reliant on public transport or the trusty pushbike.

I was also looking at a Trakker A lite can anyone offer any advice on it.

The cheapest I've seen it is £89.00 with free delivery.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi All

I was just thinking about buying one myself not so sure now.

Can anyone offer advice on an easily erected lightweight bivvy

as I dont drive and am reliant on public transport or the trusty pushbike.

I was also looking at a Trakker A lite can anyone offer any advice on it.

The cheapest I've seen it is £89.00 with free delivery.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I have a trakker a lite and I like it, its light, easily erected and if you get the overwrap for it , its more like a 1 1/2 man bivvy. I have had it now for about 18 months , used it in summer and winter , no problems at all.

Trakker have bought out a new one the SLX which includes an overwrap as well. It might be worth having a look at it.

• 1 year later...

Smalltincup's review of this bivvy is here:

http://www.bivvies.co.uk/reviews/tfg-force-8-bivvy.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Id have to agree with you fella, The bivvy in question is total crud, have seen one of them for sale at a car boot sale, and looked total rubbish! I have also had dealings with fishtec/Airflow before and must admit they are probably the worst company i have ever delt with! Very unhelpfull and took 4 weeks to sort my problem out, and that was only because i threatend legal advise! :wallbash:

• 1 year later...
Id have to agree with you fella, The bivvy in question is total crud, have seen one of them for sale at a car boot sale, and looked total rubbish! I have also had dealings with fishtec/Airflow before and must admit they are probably the worst company i have ever delt with! Very unhelpfull and took 4 weeks to sort my problem out, and that was only because i threatend legal advise! :wallbash:

Have these hub type bivvy's been improved now or are they still inferior to pramhood style ones?

Any advice would be appreciated as need to decide between the two?

The youtube clips of erecting bivvy's in seconds are a bit preplanned in that the bivvy is carefully laid out ready for the camera's to role and all seems too easy to me, even if they do claim erected in 20 seconds!!!!