Quick Release Anchor vDeux

SpeciMan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right. This model of dive reel floats so will stay near the surface by the buoy.

Amendment: you can feed the carabiner of the yellow rope through the handle of the dive reel and clip back on to the yellow rope just before the small white float - makes it a bit easier to unclip when on the water as the carabiner is not tight against the handle as in the pic above.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

My latest version:

How's it connected to your yak via a pulley system or just clipped?

[Most of the quote deleted - we've seen the photo's already and the original post is still there, so there's no need to post all the photo's in a reply (this is the second time that I've deleted all the photo's from a reply). Please remember that a lot of people stull use dial-up and that photo's take a lot of time to download....]

Edited by John S

Through a ring or carabiner on the anchor trollley (pulley system) and then fixed using a cleat on the kayak. The anchor trolley is used to position the kayak making it more streamline with the current (ie at bow or stern).

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

My latest version:

6m of floating rope with a small float attached to take the weight of the carabiner tied to one end. This could be turned into an emergency tow rope by lengthening the rope and adding a bungee buffer and another carabineer on the opposite end.

How's it connected to your yak?