Great White Shark Attacks A Hobie Kayak

SpeciMan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

corydoras, now there's a thought, live baiting cows, wonder if rapala would make a artifical :rolleyes:

Seirakowskis Kayak was bitten in half at Cottesloe beach Perth WA a few years back while paddling up the coast. A few years later a bloke was bitten in half while swimming at dusk.

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better!

The french coast i'm talking about is any of it on the med(white sharks are well documented visitors to the med) and any of it south of the river loire and la rochelle(these are the most northerly points in the northeast atlantic that white sharks have been captured although in truth they probably range further north including the cost of the UK though there has never been one caught off the uk there are many recorded possible sightings).

you may not subscribe to the idea that fishing is a sport but many people do and when you combine it with kayaking it certainly is(it is more a sport than darts or snooker which are now considered sports).

Fishing is only a sport if it is competitive. Whilst you might be physically active when fishing from a kayak, you are not going to convince me that some carper lying on his back in his bivvy all night, smoking skunk and scratching his gonads whilst waiting for a carp to come and munch on his left boilie is participating in a sport. Fishing must be the only sport on can participate in whilst unconscious. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Fishing is only a sport if it is competitive. Whilst you might be physically active when fishing from a kayak, you are not going to convince me that some carper lying on his back in his bivvy all night, smoking skunk and scratching his gonads whilst waiting for a carp to come and munch on his left boilie is participating in a sport. Fishing must be the only sport on can participate in whilst unconscious.

I'm not going to say anything about carp fishing as its not a sport(or pastime if you want to call it that) i take part in (i like to eat what i catch generally and most carpers get p*ssed off if you take their fish for your dinner apparently) but the word sport (according to wikipedia so don't blame me if its wrong) comes form the old french word "desport" meaning "leisure", "a pastime", "recreation"(taken form the word "desporter" meaning to amuse(ones self), to please and to play),and so as fishing is something i do in my leisure time for recreation i consider it a sport even if i'm only competing against myself and the fish.

Fishing is only a sport if it is competitive. Whilst you might be physically active when fishing from a kayak, you are not going to convince me that some carper lying on his back in his bivvy all night, smoking skunk and scratching his gonads whilst waiting for a carp to come and munch on his left boilie is participating in a sport. Fishing must be the only sport on can participate in whilst unconscious.

Not at all, there is Sailing as well :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

All fishing is competitive, it's man (or woman) against fish.

Just because someone may lie around smoking weed on a camouflaged couch for 24 hours a day in a semi-vegetative state surrounded by fancy alarm clocks designed to summon the dead in the event that some obese goldfish decides to gorge itself still further on steroid filled e-number infested radioactive dog biscuits.......does not erode that fundamental.

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

David

It's in the Sun & you need to ask if it's real???!!!

:0)

Ha ha very good point Andrew :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

As a few people on here know I have a healthy fear of ol chompy! It was on the radio as well and a few "experts" have seen the video and reckon it may well be real, but again, so the Sun says ha ha! :thumbs:

There have been claims for years that it is possible for chompy to get into our waters! I travel to Jersey C.I. a lot and wondered if there was a chance of seeing them down there (hope not!!) If anybody knows for sure, PLEASE DONT TELL ME HA HA!!

SDD~~~~ :sun: