Great White Shark Attacks A Hobie Kayak

SpeciMan

Ask any one of the millions of christians, muslims, buddhists etc in the world or even those people who chose to believe in intelligent alien life.
Were talking about the existance or not of a fish in UK waters, not religion. Having said that as an athiest I think that christians, muslims, buddhists are all off their heads.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about love :wub:
What's love got do do with it? Do you think that only those of us who believe in supernatural personal gods can fall in love with another human being?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Love, prove it :unsure:
Sorry mate, you've lost me now. I have not a clue what you are on about.

Sorry mate, you've lost me now. I have not a clue what you are on about.

There seems a need of hard scientific proof to the existance of great whites within UK waters, eye witness testomony is not accepted :nono: . Yet we love our mums, dads, wife, children, brothers, sisters etc. prove it, you can't, doesn't mean its not true :rolleyes:

There seems a need of hard scientific proof to the existance of great whites within UK waters, eye witness testomony is not accepted :nono: . Yet we love our mums, dads, wife, children, brothers, sisters etc. prove it, you can't, doesn't mean its not true :rolleyes:
Thats true. Just because you cant PROVE that something is true, does not mean that it is not true, similarly it is almost impossible to prove a negative. Love is an emotion. You may have an emotional need to believe that great whites routinely roam the Minch, but as a rational, independent thinking, sceptical type I need a wee bit more than a good story. Eyewitness testimony is often flawed, ask any policeman, judge or lawyer.

Were talking about the existance or not of a fish in UK waters, not religion. Having said that as an athiest I think that christians, muslims, buddhists are all off their heads.

Actually cory you were talking about believing in something without there being any evidence of it existing (in the sharks case existing in the waters surrounding the uk) that is entirely the point of religion you cannot prove that gods exist but you believe in them(as an atheist you don't but the point is millions of people do).there may be no actual physical evidence that they are there but there is circumstantial evidence to say they are there occasionally(there are several reported sightings of white sharks in uk waters).

If you want to look at it from a scientific point of view try looking for reasons why they shouldn't be in our waters, there are very few reasons why they shouldn't be here(certainly for water temp and food supply wise there is no reason).

Edited by snakey1

Actually cory you were talking about believeing in something without there being any evidence of it existing (in the sharks case existing in the waters surrounding the uk) that is entirely the point of religion you cannot prove that gods exist but you believe in them(as an atheist you don't but the point is millions of people do).there may be no actual physical evidence that they are there but there is circumstantial evidence to say they are there occasionally(there are several reported sightings of white sharks in uk waters).

If you want to look at it from a scientific point of view try looking for reasons why they shouldn't be in our waters, there are very few reasons why they shouldn't be here(certainly for water temp and food supply wise there is no reason).

Science... Body of Knowledge ,The search for a definative answer, The truth. :rtfm:

Yeah right! thats until there is better knowledge, a better answer and a different truth :oops:

As i stated in an earlier post the most northerly recorded great white shark in the north east atlantic was caught off la rochelle in france which is about 400 miles from the english coastline, now white sharks that have been tagged have been recorded having made journeys of over 10,000 miles(in the case of a female named "nicole" a journey from australia to south africa and back, a distance of over 12400 miles, in under 9 months)so a journey off approx 400 miles to the coast of the uk would hardly be a massive undertaking for one. although there has never been a white shark caught off our coast there have been many unproven sightings(are they all incorrect?) and thre is no reason for them not to venture into our waters(the water temperature is well within their range, there is a plentiful supply of food(seals abound around our coastline, at the start of the 2000 breeding season approx 124,000 grey seals alone). I personally believe they are vistors to our coast but because they are very rare anyway chances of one being caught or seen are minimal, so the chances of actually being attacked by one off our coast is next to nothing(unless of course your just really unlucky and theres always a first time).

As for jersey, well SDD your nearer to where they have been caught(la rochelle and the mouth of the loire) than the rest of the uk so probability wise your chances must be increased(but only fractionally). :thumbs:

Sadly, only my heart lives in Jersey :cry: but I spend as much time there as physically possible :thumbs: If I were to be "chomped" I would rather it be there B) It has come out now that the whole thing was a hoax (yehaaaaaaa) so please note MY SCUPPER PRO IS NO LONGER FOR SALE :D

sdd~~~~~ :sun: