Invisible Lead Fishing Weight

Fish4Fun1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does say in the advert that they are made of glass.

Does anyone know where there are a few chandeliers kicking about?

chesters, fancy doing a Dellboy and Rodney?

At £2.50 a pop there's a few quid to be made. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It was an interesting article in IYCF.

Seems their biggest problem at the moment is producing a small enough weight to replicate the 2oz-3oz leads we already use.

From what I recall, the weight is a composite material, consisting of glass and other chemical jiggery-pokery, resulting in a substance which is near on invisible when immersed in water. Seems that it stands up to wear and tear too, as any scratches the weight obtains (if any) disappear once placed in water.

Note to self : The fish fooling 'reflecting spray' didn't make a jot of difference last year..... i.e opinion reserved until proven they're safe and small enough so as not to affect casting distance.

I'm going to make some weights in the shape of a crayfish for carping on the Thames :rolleyes:

A weight must be the most inconspicuous part of any end tackle. This is yet more tackle company nonsense. If you use these weights and still can't catch a fish - what then?!

The irony will be that the most places these will be used will be well stocked, muddy ponds :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Seems that it stands up to wear and tear too, as any scratches the weight obtains (if any) disappear once placed in water.

Not that well Rich, judging by the statement in the ad'.

Will Diamond weights break easily?...

Not easily, no, but obviously, you must take more care with them than ordinary lead fishing weights.

If a Diamond weight falls hard on concrete in the wrong place then it may crack or may even break... Extra care is recommended when using Diamond weights.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

My curiousity was aroused enough to look at a copy of IYCF.

a) In the photograph it was clearly visible on the lake bed - assuming the photograph wasn't a reality tv job. Certainly in the photographs, the claims appear to have been more than somewhat overstated, but that's hype and angling journalism for you.

b ) The article is written in such away that you are almost encouraged to view the product as just another gimmick to separate the gullible from their hard-earned.

c) IYCF seems to have declined in quality of writing under the aegis of the current editor - not that it was ever particularly good. A friend of mine has a bet with himself on how far into the rag the diagram of a knotless knot will be - he said that it seems to be the only knot they ever demonstrate tying. So even the 'improving' part of the title seems rather optimistic.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine