Building a carp/coarse fishing lake

henda11

i was just sitting there thinking and i was wondering to myself, how much would it cost alone to build a 1 or 2 acre lake/pond for carp/coarse fishing? anyone got any rough estimates?

Edited by henda11

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

Why would you want to ? It's got to be easier to buy something established. That said one of my friends is looking to do just that but probably nearer 5 - 10 acres if he gets planning permission. I would imagine though it would cost 50 - 100K all told (??) Don't forget you need surveys, planning consent, EA consent, then the digging stuff, x - months or years to fill it naturally. Water quality checks, some form of fertiliser / water enrichment to encourage the natural food. Then you need a few fish (oh with of course EA consent again).

Rob.

I guess the actually building of the lake may not be to difficult as long as you had a good water supply, the difficulty may come buying in a decent head of large carp, me and a mate have access to an old quarry, which we have cleaned out and added a few carp, did this last year and already they are up to 5lbs. There is so much natural food in there you can see them growing. Its like watching vacum hovers.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem but I have had a look about the net and it will cost £10,000 for an acre of land and a digger is £400 a day but most important need a land surveyor and there are £300-£350 a day and thats not going into the cost of the lining and the monk and gravel or clay for the bottom :P

hope that helped

I have the same problem but I have had a look about the net and it will cost £10,000 for an acre of land and a digger is £400 a day but most important need a land surveyor and there are £300-£350 a day and thats not going into the cost of the lining and the monk and gravel or clay for the bottom :P

hope that helped

the company i work for just done a job for a fly fishery the muck shift alone cost £22000 + fuel for all plant required

the lining gravel clay etc and the company who specializes in pond/tip lining £75000

both +vat the land about £15000 then there plant life & Eco stuff possible cost £8000

fish stoke from £1 up-to £10000 depending on what goes in then leave it all to settle for approx 2 year to get full benefit

for the stock &eco/plant stuff . only then can you think of fishing. so roughly £150000 to 200000

as a ball park figure.

then theres the SEPA paperwork thats a freekin Nightmare on it's own

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 2 weeks later...