Bag Limits for Devon?

Oh Steve, you are a one ....

"A well-known Hayling Angler was digging bait the other day when he was approached by a well-spoken, midle-aged lady dressed in two sacks held together with NFFO and CND badges.

The conversation went as follows:

'Lady' - Can't you see what a mess you're making of this piece of the environment?

Bait-digger - Well madam, as soon as the tide comes in it will spread the mud back over the holes I've made. Anyway, I do back-fill as I dig.

'Lady' - You're robbing the poor wading birds of food!

Bait-digger - No madam, if you look carefully, you will see the wading birds feeding on the crustaceans and worms which I have unearthed. Sometimes they feed as I dig ... wonderful!

'Lady' - But taking those creatures away upsets all the balance of nature!

Bait-digger - Actually many of the worms will be eaten by fish and crabs. My digging and then presenting the leftovers to the wild creatures just saves them a lot of work.

'Lady' - But you kill the fish you catch, upsetting nature's balance again.

Bait-digger - Madam, predation is part of nature. I am part of nature. Any fish I need for a meal are killed quickly. Most of what I catch is carefully returned to the water alive.

'Lady' - Well I think you fishermen should be bloody well hung!

Bait-digger - we are madam, we are!

'Lady' retreats back into the bushes.

:spiteful:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A well-known Hayling Angler was digging bait the other day when he was approached by a well-spoken, midle-aged lady dressed in two sacks held together with NFFO and CND badges.

'Lady' - Can't you see what a mess you're making of this piece of the environment?

Bait-digger - Well madam, as soon as the tide comes in it will spread the mud back over the holes I've made. Anyway, I do back-fill as I dig.

Bait-digger - No madam, if you look carefully, you will see the wading birds feeding on the crustaceans and worms which I have unearthed. Sometimes they feed as I dig ... wonderful!

Bait-digger - Actually many of the worms will be eaten by fish and crabs. My digging and then presenting the leftovers to the wild creatures just saves them a lot of work.

Bait-digger - Madam, predation is part of nature. I am part of nature. Any fish I need for a meal are killed quickly. Most of what I catch is carefully returned to the water alive.

Excellent :lol:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163: nice one

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Next day the lady steps out from the bushes and walks down the beach to where the baitdigger had back dug his hole.

Sure enough there was no hole, so she stepped onto where the hole was and quickly disappeared into the soft ground that the baitdigger had created.

She had sank so deep into the soft beach that had been created by the baitdigger that only her head remained above the surface

Just as the incoming tide reach the bottom of her chin lucky for her a lone bird watcher was wandering along the beach trying to find a bird that was not staving to death through lack of worms

The birdwatcher seeing the womans head sticking out of the beach run towards her so as to render his assistance, when he to sunk into the soft beach created by the baitdigger

Meanwhile further along the beach an officer from the RSPCA was trying to catch a swan that had entangled itself in discarded fishing tackle, when he suddenly noticed two heads sticking out of the beach

As he run towards the two heads he took out his phone and phoned for help, when suddenly he to sunk into the baitdiggers back filled hole.

All three people were rescued and on this occasion were fine

Afew weeks later a sign appeared on the beach all baitdigging is ban.

The morale of the story is just because you back dig your hole does not mean that it is safe, just empty of worms or never be without your phone LOL LOL LOL

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

steve

Not content to keep the 'local' problem local Mr Venmore's article has now been published in the commercial fishing paper for all of the uk to read. First it will be that the article has been incorrectly edited, no doubt. It still spouts off that the only course of action is to issue bag limits and or licences for the guys who are not licenced. i.e. all of the uk 'anglers' who do not hold a commercial licence. His collegue known on here as Dartangler has conceded that the problem is limited to illegal commercial non-licenced anglers who are selling into the commercial sector. Other commercials on here have confirmed that it is exaggerated. Again it is NOT the rsa but a small amount of greedy illegal commercial sellers who are just cheap skate thieves who are doing the industry no good. Personally if it was a huge problem as indicated by Mr Venmore then it would be for the sfc to sort out and not for him to spout off dangerous unfounded ideas that will do the true rsa no good at all. Either show the evidence Mr Venmore or make it perfectly clear that you are not targeting the rsa with your proposel to licence and or bag limit them. Waiting for your update.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Not content to keep the 'local' problem local Mr Venmore's article has now been published in the commercial fishing paper for all of the uk to read. First it will be that the article has been incorrectly edited, no doubt. It still spouts off that the only course of action is to issue bag limits and or licences for the guys who are not licenced. i.e. all of the uk 'anglers' who do not hold a commercial licence. His collegue known on here as Dartangler has conceded that the problem is limited to illegal commercial non-licenced anglers who are selling into the commercial sector. Other commercials on here have confirmed that it is exaggerated. Again it is NOT the rsa but a small amount of greedy illegal commercial sellers who are just cheap skate thieves who are doing the industry no good. Personally if it was a huge problem as indicated by Mr Venmore then it would be for the sfc to sort out and not for him to spout off dangerous unfounded ideas that will do the true rsa no good at all. Either show the evidence Mr Venmore or make it perfectly clear that you are not targeting the rsa with your proposel to licence and or bag limit them. Waiting for your update.

Read the article in the fishing news myself yesterday the man is a dick who is trying to get a name for himself. :angry:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Read the article in the fishing news myself yesterday the man is a dick who is trying to get a name for himself. :angry:

Toys out of the pram spring to mind, even the committee he chairs have discounted the idea of bag limits.

Toys out of the pram spring to mind, even the committee he chairs have discounted the idea of bag limits.

Before even reading your take on the matter Barry I read the article and he came across to me as a spoilt schoolboy who wants his ball (fish) back.

He seemes to think all those bass belong to him and the people he is speaking for and it was really anoying that he pulled out the black economy card Next he will be blaming the tormoil in the money markets on anglers tacking fish home for supper. What a Plonker.

Before even reading your take on the matter Barry I read the article and he came across to me as a spoilt schoolboy who wants his ball (fish) back.

He seemes to think all those bass belong to him and the people he is speaking for and it was really anoying that he pulled out the black economy card Next he will be blaming the tormoil in the money markets on anglers tacking fish home for supper. What a Plonker.

Note i have not commented on his other beef that the recreational divers are decimating his scallop beds so as no doubt he drags his chains over the beds he dosn't catch as many as he think he should, naughty recreational divers who again are selling into a commercial market to the detriment of his bank balance. That makes them illegal non licenced commercial divers who are not classed as hobby divers.

• 2 weeks later...