Chieftain

MARTING

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going out on a 36 hour tonight hope it's a little better than the last one!!

So What was wrong with the last one ? ( not enough cod or perhaps too much ling )

So What was wrong with the last one ? ( not enough cod or perhaps too much ling )

Hi Jaffa not enough of anything like this one!!!. Biggest fish 71/2 cod!!. I think it's time to look for another boat that offers a similar trip. 12 hour steam to wrecks with nothing on.

we catch more on the inshore trip's at Whitby so it looks like B&B in whitby and two days inshore from now on.

Hi Jaffa not enough of anything like this one!!!. Biggest fish 71/2 cod!!. I think it's time to look for another boat that offers a similar trip. 12 hour steam to wrecks with nothing on.

we catch more on the inshore trip's at Whitby so it looks like B&B in whitby and two days inshore from now on.

We had the same in july 60 hr trip first day started ok with a few cod coming onboard then as the day went on skipper decided to fish for ling on a wreck that he fished a month before ok there were ling there but if i had wanted ling i would have booked a ling trip

then we were told the weather was supposed to be a right hoolie on the second day so we had a early start at 0400 fished for a couple of hours then skip decided he did not want to be out there in a storm so we spent about 4 hours steaming in

wouldnt have minded but the sea was not even washing on the deck through the scuppers

we eventually ended fishing in sight of land and as you can guess the fishing was c@~p the skip told us he had cancelled the next days trip

of 12 hours and then later in the day we found out it was back on again (

something fishy i think what happend to fishing wrecks once a year ?

think he is just a fair weather skipper myself

i know he has to err on the side of caution regarding the weather but spending most of the second day travelling is not what i paid for

we ended up in port around midnight 6 hours earlier than schedualed

and the weather never turned up

seems to me George does not seem to try as hard as John used to

we also had to ditch a couple of FULL buckets of fish as the crew did not get them filleted and left them in water overnight

i know this is their first sreason but there is no excuse for leaving fish on deck to rot.

Ling were not skined either

Personaly i dont like to see fish lying around on deck George seemed to be at sixes and sevens seemd to want to carry on his system of collecting the buckets from where he left off he could not see the point of the anglers bringing their catch buckets to him to save him time running about the deck

also we were told first of all no one was to access the chiller even though some of us filleted our own fish

it transpired someone had the lid slam on there fingers a few weeks before therefore we had to wait for george to put them in .

Think they need to take a long hard look at the way john ran it otherwise i can see a lot of customers leaving them

Give us the service we are used to

Correction to my last post George should read Eddy

Hi Jaffa. We only got the 1 day on a 36 hour and the fishing was dismal compared to when JB had it. We spent most of our time working our way back to whitby!!!. On non productive wrecks. When we got a wreck that gave a little he moved!!!

What little fish we caught was catch and return but the lads were taking it. When George decided to call it a day we where about 60 mile off Whitby at 7pm and told we were wasting our time so we were heading back in!!. Nice slow steam back (so the fuel consumption was low) told to get up at 4.30am already tied up in Whitby. Next set of anglers waiting to get on at the harbour side?.

A skipper out of Whitby told me 2 weeks ago that the Chieftain had been tied up a lot this year when JB would have been out. Has you say they need to have a good long look at the way they operate.They are working on JB's reputation and not living up to it!!!

Also the food was dire

We had the same in july 60 hr trip first day started ok with a few cod coming onboard then as the day went on skipper decided to fish for ling on a wreck that he fished a month before ok there were ling there but if i had wanted ling i would have booked a ling trip

then we were told the weather was supposed to be a right hoolie on the second day so we had a early start at 0400 fished for a couple of hours then skip decided he did not want to be out there in a storm so we spent about 4 hours steaming in

wouldnt have minded but the sea was not even washing on the deck through the scuppers

we eventually ended fishing in sight of land and as you can guess the fishing was c@~p the skip told us he had cancelled the next days trip

of 12 hours and then later in the day we found out it was back on again (

something fishy i think what happend to fishing wrecks once a year ?

think he is just a fair weather skipper myself

i know he has to err on the side of caution regarding the weather but spending most of the second day travelling is not what i paid for

we ended up in port around midnight 6 hours earlier than schedualed

and the weather never turned up

seems to me George does not seem to try as hard as John used to

we also had to ditch a couple of FULL buckets of fish as the crew did not get them filleted and left them in water overnight

i know this is their first sreason but there is no excuse for leaving fish on deck to rot.

Ling were not skined either

Personaly i dont like to see fish lying around on deck George seemed to be at sixes and sevens seemd to want to carry on his system of collecting the buckets from where he left off he could not see the point of the anglers bringing their catch buckets to him to save him time running about the deck

also we were told first of all no one was to access the chiller even though some of us filleted our own fish

it transpired someone had the lid slam on there fingers a few weeks before therefore we had to wait for george to put them in .

Think they need to take a long hard look at the way john ran it otherwise i can see a lot of customers leaving them

Give us the service we are used to

Sorry to read you have had a bad trip. Did you discuss your dissapointment with the skipper before posting on a public forum, i'm sure that he would have viewed the situation differently to you and would have given you a reasonable explanation of why it didn't happen. You have just learned the difference between fishing and catching. Even defra would like to know how to say for certain there's ling down there or cod, it would save a huge amount of discard.

During the course of a year i have quite a few trips cancelled due to mainly weather situations, it is the skippers decision even if the likes of us weather experts think differently. Sometimes you get on the boat full of expectation and it does not happen, although dissapointing it does not stop you from trying again, surly.

This year there already has been notable catches made with this boat, posted on here, so i would again have to say thats fishing. There has already on here been a huge amount of postings with regards to how good the inshore cod fishing has become up there, again i have to say that thats fishing. One minute they are there the next there not.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sorry to read you have had a bad trip. Did you discuss your dissapointment with the skipper before posting on a public forum, i'm sure that he would have viewed the situation differently to you and would have given you a reasonable explanation of why it didn't happen. You have just learned the difference between fishing and catching. Even defra would like to know how to say for certain there's ling down there or cod, it would save a huge amount of discard.

During the course of a year i have quite a few trips cancelled due to mainly weather situations, it is the skippers decision even if the likes of us weather experts think differently. Sometimes you get on the boat full of expectation and it does not happen, although dissapointing it does not stop you from trying again, surly.

This year there already has been notable catches made with this boat, posted on here, so i would again have to say thats fishing. There has already on here been a huge amount of postings with regards to how good the inshore cod fishing has become up there, again i have to say that thats fishing. One minute they are there the next there not.

So what's your point Barry???. People are not allowed a to air their views!!. Thought that's what a forum was for.

So what's your point Barry???. People are not allowed a to air their views!!. Thought that's what a forum was for.

stick to your original plan m8 and concentrate on the inshore trips as this year it has been fishing its n**s off

i am out nearly every weekend ( weather permitting ) and ""touch wood"" have had a good feed to take home to the family on every occasion

also had the benefit of sleeping in my own bed and stuffing my face with good fish and chips from the chippy.

try malc on sea spray , paul on sea otter or any other wcsa skipper

cheers