fat cats

spanner

wurzel:

The noose is getting tighter and tighter.

Tighter and Tighter and Tighter!

"The Scottish Executive is joining forces with its Norwegian counterparts to crack down on illegal fishing in the North Sea."

"The meetings we are having will lead to more exchanges of information and in turn, to more successful prosecution of those who seek to steal from honest fishermen."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4085970.stm

TL - leon

[ 14. June 2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaffa the norlantean II landed here in scrabster last friday after a faroe trip he had around 450 boxes for a 7 day trip, quallity of the fish was very good and he had a good sale, i think he sold the old boat due to its size and running costs (diesel) the new boat is a very nice looking boat and looks to be doing well.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

No jaffa the grounds have been tootally shafted by pair teams (days are numbered) and 90ft boats from peterhead which were landing ellegally onto peterhead transport wagons( two vessels caught and prosecuted) they have ****ed these once very rich grounds,but there is still a picking for those who work there balls off to get there customers a few cod.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry jaffa, four boats caught fishing ellegally and prosecuted two caught fishing at one mile in broad daylight in a three mile breeding area closed off for any kind of trawling ,taking the **** i would say, remember 90ft boats i was taking anglers every morning from all over the country they could not believe there eyes we were passing these boats so close in they had no idea that this practice went on, they said we thought it was the foreigh boats what was doing the damage i said wrong just open your eyes.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest jay_con

wurzel:

Hello Leon,

The problem is there are very few honest fishermen, as the law stands,not by choise.

That really is like saying there are very few honest burglers or shop-lifters "as the law stands". Lets change the law so I can make a living taking what I want from the local safeways store. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest stevie cop

Burgling and shoplifting are both very stressful jobs. Sometimes they involve working unsocial hours. For those reasons alone, we should all turn a blind eye to their illegal activities. After all, they are only trying to make a living.

Guest jay_con

big_cod:

i was taking anglers every morning from all over the country they could not believe there eyes we were passing these boats so close in they had no idea that this practice went on, they said we thought it was the foreigh boats what was doing the damage i said wrong just open your eyes.

Just goes to show how effective the propaganda machine is. Everybody is still blaming the spaniards.

There may not be 200 boxes of codling here right now but just wait till the herring spawn. Set your watch for the end of August and watch the annual codling slaughter. Watch the boats enter Whitby harbour low in the water followed by gulls. The boats take out a big percentage of the remaining local stock every year at this time, soon there will be nothing left and other peoples business' as well as thier own will have been ruined.

Guest jay_con

I agree fully Steve, and just think of all the risks involved in dealing crack and heroine. Perhaps we should cut those people a bit more slack too.