Value of FDC's & stamps

Norm B

:clap3: Mrs B cleared out the bureau and found my FDC's and stamps and wants to know if they're worth keeping or selling. Some FDC's are quite rare as they are signed by Sir Rex Hunt on his trip from the the Falkland Islands to the Antarctic Dependacies on HMS Endurance after the Falklands war. Near Portsmouth would help. :clap3:

If they are no longer of interest, sell ! But be prepared to discover the collection is worth much less than you thought. My sister-in-law spent a lot of money buyng FDCs and presentation packs in the 1970s/1980s only to discover they are at present worth less than the face value of the stamps.

OTOH Cash in the bank is better than bits of paper in a drawer.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

On first reading this thread, I thought FDC was fleur de coin, as in the very best in coin quality. But I realised it stood for First Day Covers...My dear old Mum sent over a parcel from Blighty to my son and in it were 15 First Day Covers and not one is worth the price she paid. On the other hand, the stamps on the parcel were well worth it as the writing was upside down to the head.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.