DEFRA's 20 Year Vision

Spot on! The rest is just work for civil servants (DEFRA) Their 20 year vision was conceived for the government to be seen by the greens to be doing something and to secure their jobs, they are experts at being seen to do something without doing any thing, except meddle and generally make a nuisance of themselves.

Stuff me, we been spending all this time looking at, replying, complaining about all these various public consultations, visions and whatever the goverment and defra have been sending out and at the end of the blo..dy day it's all for nothing. Like the bass mls, tope issue, etc, etc, nothing changes, boy are we learning. Someone else was complaining about mr bradshaw today where they say in his new job away from the fisheries he is 'passing the buck on some issue'. I think we have seen that before. So the old tv sit coms Yes Minister was more true to life than it thought it was. Also please come back Alan B'satard MP (Rick Mayel), he was rather good. More believable.:)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HA

Use the search facility and historically you'll find many a vitriolic exchange of views between myself and Wurzel.

Having had the pleasure of meeting him and even fishing with him on a number of occasions now, I've found that we have far more in common than we have differences of opinion.

Just to add, I don't believe that the Bass tagging surveys I'm particularly familiar with, are worth the paper they are written on.

PS. We're still waiting for that Alaskan report Wurzel. :D

PS. We're still waiting for that Alaskan report Wurzel. :D

Don't forget the photo's. Don't be shy Wurzel. :)

:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Oh good ... so he's moved to Alaska??????????

And taken his nets with 'im????????

B)

Iwish! And I didn't need my nets, I could catch all I needed on me rod.

One thing I found in Alaska was reams of regulations for anglers, bag limits, assorted closed seasons, closed areas, some places were catch and release only, others fly only, each river or estuary had a different set of rules depending on what species were present, on a couple of the bigger rivers there were electronic fish counters and depending on the count regulated the anglers take for the season.

where as the commercial fisher men I met had no quota's or restrictions, one skipper of a large salmon purse seiner, similar to the crab boats on the Deadliest Catch told me that he would easily reach his target of a million dollars for his season and that his quota was "as much as the cannery could take" another, a young skipper of a long liner similar to mine fishing for halibut said he had no problem filling his boats fish hold and there was no quota restrictions, which surprised me as anglers are only allowed one halibut per trip.

There was no sign of enforcement yet the anglers seemed happy to comply to the rules, one time I was doing a bit of combat fishing(shoulder to shoulder with about 50 other anglers) on the river in Anchorage when a King salmon of about 30 lb showed up making it's way up stream every body was winding in and dads were telling their kids not to cast for it, the season for kings on that river had finished the day before.

There were a few places close to the city or towns mainly along the coast where the fishing could be a bit crowded but once I got inland a bit it seemed that I had the whole country let alone the rivers to myself.

Hello wyne

I did put a post on the course fishing forum, I tried to post a couple of pictures but they failed, I'm better with a rod than a computer I guess.(kept using to many obytes) I'll try again.

Me and the misses covered 2400 miles across Alaska, from Homer on the Kenai Peninsula up to Prudhoe Bay on the Arctic Ocean on a trail bike a lot of it travelling on dirt roads, we passed though 3 mountain ranges and crossed the Yukon river.

I had two light travel rods with me one spinning the other a fly rod and managed to fish a few hours most days catching several of two sorts of salmon silver and humpy , nothing big up to about 10 lb and further north arctic grayling on a dry fly. Other than a few places close to the coast we had some of the most beautiful rivers you can imagine to myself except for the bald and golden eagles, ospreys, bears, moose, caribou, musk ox, musk rats, beavers and prairie dogs, along the way we met and shared a few beers and a yarn with locals such as a couple of bear hunters, a trapper and his wife, gold miners and some Indian salmon wheel fishermen. It was one hell of a trip, that is if you like that sort of thing, cooking on a beach in Spain is not my cup of tea.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Were you on Holiday Wurzel or NFFO Business ?

Hello Glen,

Pahaps I should ask them to pay my expences.

I could have been looking into the future of the UK's angling scene.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Glen,

Pahaps I should ask them to pay my expences.

I could have been looking into the future of the UK's angling scene.

A £49 flight to Portugal would both preserve NFFO funds and represent a more accurate forecast of what's in store. ;)

A £49 flight to Portugal would both preserve NFFO funds and represent a more accurate forecast of what's in store. ;)

Why would anyone want to go there, they don't cater for the rsa anymore, i suppose the men in suits do well though. :yucky:

• 3 weeks later...
Actually there is a 'log-jam' of RSA issues that DEFRA is sitting on, waiting for the Minister to get his decision of the bass mls out of the way.

Now that the bass issue is out of the way Leon, what do you think these bas.... errrrr defra have got in line for the rsa to capitualte to next. Will it require months of negotiating first before they stick the knife in. ;)