Just wondering..........??

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

When I joined Anglers Net, the subject of Kayakfishing was met with varying degrees of comments and thoughts about the subject.

Which was great.

Haveing talked about it at some lengths,...... proberbley to much for some of you :D:P ,I hope that a better appreciation of the sport, and what can be enjoyed and achieved has come across to all.

I was just wondering if there are anymore amongst us who are thinking of giveing it a go in the future??

In the beggining, it was just Al and myself, but now we have a nice group put together, with interest growing all the time.

We have formed an Association, we have a Chairman, and GF is working away on the U.K.K.A. site.

So, IF there are some potential Kayakfisherman lurking in there, come forward and let us know who you are.

We have lots of plans for the comeing season, hopefully a few meetings will take place, i.e. tournaments and casual fishing trips.

Its all there to do.

Yakity :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it, but want to hire one out first.

Only seems to be a handful of suitable types available in the UK to buy. OC Caper, Scrambler XT and Cobra Fish N Dive (bit bulky?) spring to mind. Have my eye on Malibu Kayaks, Extreme (http://www.malibukayaks.com/kayak_extreme.asp ) but shipping it to UK very expensive & theres no UK distributor.

[ 28. November 2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Tony Wan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I could see the attraction especially if I was a bit younger, I think I'll stick to the comfort of my boat.

Do you stick to your own area to fish or do you travel, it must be quite simple to transport your yak on top of a car, see a nice fishy looking bit of coast, launch and be fishing in minutes.

As I've read your replies before YY I'll chip in a couple of points :)

Tony Wan...don't forget to check out the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13, this comes in an 'Angler Edition' already kitted rather like the Malibus you mention...but they are readily available here in the UK (great back up from dealers and Johnson Outdoor too) Ive fished off of a couple of OK kayaks for years and they're great...tough as old boots...light enough to chuck on the car, and very flexible (family fun too!)

You're never too old Manxman! ...I've got to say I have seen quite a few 'retired' guys out on the water. One guy during the summer was 72 he announced...he loved his OK frenzy cause it was light enough for him to get on top of his camper (huge thing with a ladder up the back!) I saw him pack up and lean the yak up against his motorhome while he scaled the ladder and whipped it up top! Brilliant stuff and I have to admit I envied his summer life style. Apparently he was doing the entire Welsh coastline this summer. Stoping where him and is wife fancied. Walking, cycling, paddling and even catching a few mackerel while out on the water, then cooking them on the beach, he was loving it...and why not!

Anyhow just thought I'd offer my encouragement. Hiring is a great way of giving it a little go...although I found I really only became truely comfortable out on the yak after I bought one and put in a few hours!

Tightlines anyway and I hope you get the chance to give it a go...believe me once you're out there in amongst the fish you couldn't reach from the shore...so quiet and stealthy that you hit mullet before they see you...you'll be glad you did! :D

Art