Just wondering..........??

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Manxman,

As Art said never to old :D

So long as you are reasonably fit, you shouldnt have to many problems. You dont have to be Superman to Kayakfish.

Besides, you would fish to your own caperbilities, paddle as far as you need to etc.

Most of the time, paddleing is minimum, because you drive to the venue you want to fish, throw the tupperware in the sea , and fish :D

Its as hard as you want to make it.

Al, Laurence and myself are planning a trip to southern Ireland next year, thats how much freedom you have, chuck the yak on the roof and off you go :)

Might see you out there yet.

YY :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello mate

Was looking online at the RTM MAMBO and the OCEAN KAYAK CAPER.

But not knowing an awfull lot about em i will have to look into it proper.

Also what sort of safety equipment is needed for this style of kayak/fishing.

welcome to anglers net paulypoo and tony wan ( regards to your brother obi ) its ok, there not all mad.

yy, yes, will love to get out on a yurt as soon as i can work out the guy ropes.

no seriously though, as soon as i got the mess of my existance sorted out, you will see me out there, i will have a harpoon fitted to the bow though demon demon demon

Hi again paul,

Take a long look at some of the sites listed on the net under Kayakfishing.

You will find all the info you could possibly need to get started in the sport, from choice of Kayak to safety.

Read , read , and read more :D , you will bennifit greatly by doing some swotting.

I fish from a Ocean Kayak Scrambler xt, and love it.

Ill TRY to post a pic

YY

:)

Hiya Ziggy,

Harpoon .....

I hope your existance is back on track soon

Keep in touch if poss, it would be good to keep up with peoples progress in the sport.

When you start thinking on what Yak, and equiptment, let us know your thoughts.

Like I said to Pauly, look at the Kayakfishing sites on the net, and read read, be very worth it to you.

YY :)

Nice to see so many new names, like Yakity has said this is a very easy way of getting out on the water and doing a bit of fishing and you don't need to be built like an Olympic rower to enjoy the sport.

Last time out I was feeling a little lazy so just paddled about 300 yards off the beach and watched to rod tips, it was none stop action for about an hour, only managed to land one fish but it was exciting none the less.

If your not sure which kayak to buy, talk to us on the forum, most of us paddle different models of kayak or know people who are using other makes. Check out the links on Anglers Afloat :D for some of the best information sites in the States.

If you see any one fishing off a yak ask them about their experiences or if you live locally to any of us we would be only to happy to let you have a paddle.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

It would be great to try in the UK....when it gets warmer It would also be great to get the hang of launching through surf :D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk