• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakity - Yak:

What you tried to launch in last time was mountains  

Nobody told me that - I thought those were normal for you guys.. :rolleyes:

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

i would be interested in trying it out but i cant go out a lot in my 20ft boat nevermind a little kayak.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

No Yakity I've moved on from painting, tiling the sink splashback and fitting the waste and problem free...so far!

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Was looking at the Malibu Extreme as its become a very popular fishing kayak in the US and havent heard much bad said about it. Liked the idea that this kayak was pretty much unsinkable but Yakitys right it is 'big' and tbh dont know if I have the space for it.. havent got measuring tape out yet.

Heard that OC was taken over a few years back and since then the build quality of the OC Scramblers have declined a bit (thinner plastics leading to a shorter life span..but older versions have fared well..cant remember the link where I saw this info will post it back up when i find it). Also heard that there is quite a bit of hull slap with the XT?

What are your thoughts on this Yakity and for a kayak would you consider the XT to be a 'dry ride'?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Was also wondering about the legality of paddling on the rivers... although landowners can own the land surrounding rivers, its not against the law/trespassing is it to have the attitude "Have kayak, will paddle" ?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow