'Anglers Corner'

goosequill

as in way back in 07 ,i have these on video ,but since then i put it too dvd and youtube ! .too help dispel the closed season blues i give you this treat .

bream fishing:

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

tench fishing:

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

chub fishing:

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

roach fishing:

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Enjoy

( i've provided direct links for those with slow connections ,these are in my private area of youtube ,please dont re-upload them in the public areana ,but feel free too download them or re-upload them but keep private ,or you'll breach copyright )

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for those, Steve, I haven't seen those programmes since the late 60s if I remember rightly. Seems strange to hear Venables again, too. I met him in 2000 but he was 93 and his voice was faint and far different. Strange too how cack-handed the anglers all are with the strange set-up of switching hands all the time. It was always reckoned that in the late 60s/early 70s that people finally got used to doing it the way we do now with the handles on the left for right handed anglers. I started all wrong but soon figured it.

Chris gave me a copy after he got them at the boot fair. They're just fantastic! There's a great trout fishing one too where he chairs a little debate between a dry fly purist and a chap who dares to fish with an upstream nymph, lovely stuff :) The grayling one is lovely too, one chap float fishing, one fly fishing, and both knocking them on the head and cooking them by the river.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Chris gave me a copy after he got them at the boot fair. They're just fantastic! There's a great trout fishing one too where he chairs a little debate between a dry fly purist and a chap who dares to fish with an upstream nymph, lovely stuff :) The grayling one is lovely too, one chap float fishing, one fly fishing, and both knocking them on the head and cooking them by the river.

Don't forget the salmon one ;)

Don't forget the salmon one ;)

Oh yeah! Some brilliantly edited-together underwater footage!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Many thanks for that Chavender a real blast from the past, Although it has taken me several hours to watch them all I have had to rest my eyes for quite a while between each one. I will say that even when the film was made all those on it were pretty much well out of date and definitely very old school.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I am going to make a point of watching these tonight. I do like seeing what angling was like in past times. I am only 25 so it will seem like an age ago to me lol. Plus it is nice to watch proper angling programmes full stop that dont have some lunatic shouting his head off. Ahem...Robson.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I am going to make a point of watching these tonight. I do like seeing what angling was like in past times. I am only 25 so it will seem like an age ago to me lol. Plus it is nice to watch proper angling programmes full stop that dont have some lunatic shouting his head off. Ahem...Robson.

Bet you've never seem anglers fishing in white shirts with tie's on then...hehehe...still you can always get a watatoad 'T' shirt, those old days nobody had that chance...hehehe

or perhaps a bumper of tackle box sticker...hehehe

Until you have felt a wicker creel loaded with tackle all most likely in carpenter made heavy wooden boxes and centrepins in heavy leather cases you have not lived...hehehe

Elton is very very quiet this week, has he slipped down to Wingham to get some practice in???...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Until you have felt a wicker creel loaded with tackle all most likely in carpenter made heavy wooden boxes and centrepins in heavy leather cases you have not lived...

My first ever fishing box was an old wicker one that doubled up as a seat. I loved it. It was a gift from my grandfather along with A LOT of old shakespeare and mitchell reels and old shaky and mitchell match reels. I loved them but one year on a trip to A lake in yorkshire my dad fell out with they guy who we was renting our caravan off and buggered off without paying him. He had also left my tackle in this guys lockup when we left as he just disappeared without paying so naturally he was in a hurry to leave. Needless to say i never saw any of that gear ever again.

It is quite sad really as there was a lot of heritage in that tackle and It would have made a great start to a collection. That start in angling life is probably why I am now a sucker for a centrepin and the rose tinted nature of fishing in days gone by.

I firmly believe I was born in the wrong era lol.

Oh and elton has gone down to put an electric fence up around his swim to guard against any of the animals down there lol

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk