Government dumps its fishy problem overboard

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise, wurzel and steve will be happy i am sure as well as the nffo and its members, the commercials may have won this battle but the war against the over exploitation of immature inshore fish species will continue for sure, personally after years of writing numerous letters and campaigning in my own way, i will put a hold on anything i do until the next general election date is set or there abouts, as i think its a complete waste of time and money trying to convince this present shower of s*** of a mcgovernment to act in any way to improve the inshore quality of sea angling around englands shores. until jughead brown and his coleagues are removed and sent packing back across hadrians wall i see nothing changing, i believe niel kinnock said something about grinding the bastards into the dust at there party conference, did he mean the conservatives or our english fish stocks?

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

My email message to Shaw:

Words actually fail me!

I'll have to rely on your predecessor -

First published Tuesday 22nd Aug 2006.

Minister Ben Bradshaw, dictating that the minimum landing size of bass is to be raised from 36cm to 40cm on April 6 next year, has received a mixed review by sea anglers.

Many RSAs had been hoping for a far higher figure while others have welcomed the news and will continue lobbying for further increase in future years.

Mr Bradshaw said. "I have listened very carefully to the representations made and have not taken this decision lightly.

"I have accepted the arguments for a bigger minimum landing size to help increase the quality and quantity and size of bass. This will also give better protection for the stocks.

"There may be short term costs from this measure before we see future gains but it is vital that fisheries management takes a long term view.

"The recreational fishing sector makes a major contribution to our economy and it is important that their voice, as well as those of commercial fishermen, is taken into account in fisheries management.

In the future, I intend to increase the landing size further to 45cm, but subject to the results of a review in 2010, of the effectiveness of the measures I have announced".

You have single-handedly made enemies of a million or so angler-voters in your short time in office.

I have resigned forthwith from my post with Southern Sea Fisheries District Committee.

I have no confidence whatsover in yourself as Minister nor in the ability of Defra to manage or produce a vision for sustainable fisheries in the future.

You really are ineffectual, spineless and a disappointment as Minister for Fisheries.

Further congratulatory messages can be sent to -

Jonathan.Shaw@defra.gsi.gov.uk

My email message to Shaw:

Further congratulatory messages can be sent to -

Jonathan.Shaw@defra.gsi.gov.uk

I dont know how any anglers could ever work with such biased committees like the sfc's, perhaps public exposure to there turn a blind eye and look the otherway practices needs to be worked on a bit more somehow, until that is sorted they are allways gonna p*ss on anglers. after all they are run by commercials are'nt they.

Johnathan Shaw is MP for Chatham & Aylesford and has just a slim majority.

I wonder whether he'll get re-elected, especially after the recent boundary changes? There are a lot more anglers than commercial fishermen in the constituency.

Perhaps the prospective candidates for the other main parties in Chatham should be reminded of this? Especially the Conservatives for whom this is a key target? See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2005/html/135.stm

The local Conservative party web page is at http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=p...amp;obj_id=1298

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Copy of my email.

Mr.K. Davison. Petals Garden Center, Pontardulais Rd., Tycroes, Ammanford, South Wales.

A Labour Party supporter for forty years I sit here absolutely stunned at the shorted sighted way you dealt with the bass conservation plan.

It is very obvious to me that this government is not fit for purpose and as such will not get my vote and I will make every effort to campaign against it ensuring the biggest loss of voters as possible.

I am afraid you grossly under estimated RSAs commitment to not only bass stocks but all inshore fish stocks.

I just hope you realise the size of the nail you have driven into the Labour Party coffin.

This will be copied to my MP.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

New Labour.

The anti angling party.

They are anti everything bob, not just angling mate this country has turnt into a s**thole since they took over from 97 my work has become none existant because of there policies and there eu arse sucking, it realy pi**es me off with the favouritism shown north of the border with its free education/care for the elderly/prescriptions to name but a few, where if you are english you are screwed to death and not allowed a say, the sad thing is you would not believe how many english people dont know about any of this. i realy hope alex salmond gets he's wish and scotland gets its independence then maybe we can have our own english parliament with an english pm running the show..............

You guys are right about sucking up to the eu, i have told you before that the gov uk has handed back more than half of our hard won annuall rebate and the eu want the rest. while france pays a pittance compared to the uk. Any know exactly how much we pay compared with france?

On a local issue, do you realise it's worse than the bass issue as defra intends to manage the rsa sector as well. Everyone knows what that entails, who voted this lot in i wonder, does an own goal spring to mind.

Personally i don't think i will bother with any more of the consultations as i don't think it makes one iota of differance. Disgusted.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..