Government dumps its fishy problem overboard

Elton

In trying to see how shaw came to his decision, can someone please remind me the annuall value of the bass landed commerially in the uk thanks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be there to have your say, whether they take notice or not is an issue for them.

A few more emails like mine, a petition on gov site just as blunt should at least wake them up.

Now is the the time for gloves to come off, we have seen their response, so now is the time to go for the throat.

I will be starting face to face with my local labour councilor and grinding my way up the ladder.

Another good strategy will be to start talking to the opposition parties and stirring things up.

Walking away is still not an option.

Hi ken, i do admire your comittment mate keep it up :thumbs: but watch those councilor's they can be a little sneaky ;) cheers.........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

In trying to see how shaw came to his decision, can someone please remind me the annuall value of the bass landed commerially in the uk thanks.

Hi barry, i think youl find that value to the rsa or commercial interests had nothing to do with it what so ever! nor common sense and the rest of the blarney mate......

Edited by stavey

Hi barry, i think youl find that value to the rsa or commercial interests had nothing to do with it what so ever! nor common sense and the rest of the blarney mate......

Cheers Stavy, my interpretation, the main reason was the cost or loss to the inshore commercial fishermen. I want to see the comparison of the loss compared with the possible advantage of more and bigger fish. Someone yesterday posted £3.0 for a juvenile fish compared with £9.0 for a fish that had been given a chance to grow. BASS said that i think.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That's a moot point!!! Depends who you ask.

Estimates of total bass for UK Fisheries (inc EU - CEFAS) approx 1500 tonnes

By England and Wales Port Landings of bass (Defra) - approx 600 tonnes (610 tonnes 2004 ).

Value? (Defra figures indicate an average £5.4k a tonne)

so, CEFAS reckon 1500 tonnes @ £5.4k = £8 100 000

Defra put England and Wales (ie 'domestic landings') @ £3 300 000

:o

Hiya,

It was to be expected, without the support of every angler in England (was going to say UK but the attitude of some on here would make that all but impossible) you were never going to go far.

Too many people seen this as a bid by a few to improve their fishing for one species in their local area, which in turn caused the usual backlash of lack of support.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

It was to be expected, without the support of every angler in England (was going to say UK but the attitude of some on here would make that all but impossible) you were never going to go far.

Too many people seen this as a bid by a few to improve their fishing for one species in their local area, which in turn caused the usual backlash of lack of support.

Hi Davy,

Are you saying that the likes of bass, nfsa and sacn had no chance in any event? Because those orginasations and also more rsa where trying for an increase.

Davy, i do not consider the english channel for example as local. Can you tell me for the next time who are these 'too many people'.

Please explain attitude of some on here.

This is after the other gov minister said yes following much carefull thought and consideration.

...... which in turn caused the usual backlash of lack of support.

I've heard it all now!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heh, heh ..... let's call it radical apathy!

Edited by H.A.

Hi Davy,

Are you saying that the likes of bass, nfsa and sacn had no chance in any event? Because those orginasations and also more rsa where trying for an increase.

Davy, i do not consider the english channel for example as local. Can you tell me for the next time who are these 'too many people'.

Please explain attitude of some on here.

This is after the other gov minister said yes following much carefull thought and consideration.

I think Davey has a point. There are many myself included who felt SACN and NFSA were trading things like increases in bass mls and a golden mile for a slice of the sea angling cake and a right to charge us £20 a year to fish in the sea. As I have stated many times Bass MLS effects only a percentage of rsa's and a golden mile is only beneficial in certain areas. I think it was Brian Carragher who initially said on here that one size fits all RSA management can never work. the guy took some stick but boy was he right.

Many anglers myself included felt and still feel there is nothing in the deal for us and hence you have us working against the sacn and NFSA rather than with them. Although I joined NFSA I am still very much in opposition to the organisation and its involvement within the inshore fisheries working group(IFWG). Since I found out about the IFWG and the drafting of the RSA strategy I have spent my time writing to MPs and whoever else would listen telling them that there are as many people in opposition to an RSA strategy than are actually with it and that the angling bodies represent an insignificant amount of the total number of the countries anglers. These people should think twice before doing things that will benefit themselves and no one else.