Government dumps its fishy problem overboard

Elton

Hi Davy,

Please explain attitude of some on here.

Barry, davy boy might be refering to me because i said i was peed with the political bias that favour's scotland like the lothian question etc, i think he thought i was having a dig at the scottish people i have sent him or them a pm reply and if he cant exept my opinion then thats he's problem not mine, cheers.............

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Davey has a point. There are many myself included who felt SACN and NFSA were trading things like increases in bass mls and a golden mile for a slice of the sea angling cake and a right to charge us £20 a year to fish in the sea. As I have stated many times Bass MLS effects only a percentage of rsa's and a golden mile is only beneficial in certain areas. I think it was Brian Carragher who initially said on here that one size fits all RSA management can never work. the guy took some stick but boy was he right.

Many anglers myself included felt and still feel there is nothing in the deal for us and hence you have us working against the sacn and NFSA rather than with them. Although I joined NFSA I am still very much in opposition to the organisation and its involvement within the inshore fisheries working group(IFWG). Since I found out about the IFWG and the drafting of the RSA strategy I have spent my time writing to MPs and whoever else would listen telling them that there are as many people in opposition to an RSA strategy than are actually with it and that the angling bodies represent an insignificant amount of the total number of the countries anglers. These people should think twice before doing things that will benefit themselves and no one else.

So you think it was the horse trading that did it. How many of the rsa do you think are affected by the bass stock remaining juvenile or decreasing, you really cannot say it is a small amount in particular we are talking about the whole of the channel as mentioned previously. Also the golden mile issue does not really have a major impact on the likes of myself, being a boat angler but you cannot just dismiss it as not important. how would you expect the rsa based in the channel to react if there was a call for the cod mls to increase or a call to close areas, in my mind that is just as important as the bass, however unlike the north sea again the channel guys do not really have to rely on it. It would be sad if they was to say sorry lads but we won't bother about this one. This is the difference between the nffo and the rsa, as said previously it is too secular in my mind. I haven't seen any statements of disapointment from these angling bodies yet, only the original joint release, or an apology to it's members for failing to acheive the bass issue, again do you think it was horse traded.

Tell me what is the way forward then. Keep the rsa devided?

I do not want a rsa strategy as it will mean dealing with defra, in my mind they are just selfish, gutless and have nothing to offer managing the rsa only pain and a cost to all, where do you think they could pull the rabbit out of the bag and give us bigger fish, not with the policy they have at the moment, thats for sure.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So the bass landing size didnt get raised because of the attitudes of some people on the forum?

Ive heard it all now.

Funniest thing Ive read in ages.

Shame there wasnt a forum about iraq before blair invaded it cos it might never have happened.

My god that was priceless.

I wonder if someone should start a forum on the EU so we can get out of europe?

I wonder if someone should start a forum on the EU so we can get out of europe?

Best idea i have heard yet europe meddles in uk affaires and influences uk policies to the detrimental effect on citizens of the uk (immigrants excluded) its about time this country told the E/U where to go and managed its own resources for the benefit of UK Citizens in this country weather they be Commercial /RSA/ or the housewife down the road

Stop thinking Pro Europe and think about the people of England

dont think i will be paying for any licence as this announcement has prooved to me we will get jack S**t in return for it

dont think i will be paying for any licence as this announcement has prooved to me we will get jack S**t in return for it

Just think of it as yet another tax, it'll be alright. :mellow:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi ken, i do admire your comittment mate keep it up :thumbs: but watch those councilor's they can be a little sneaky ;) cheers.........

Sadly our local Labour councilor Dewi is a great supporter of anything which enhances RSAs enjoyment, he sees it as a good hobby for youngsters to get into. Our local Labour MP supports the Golden Mile and again sees RSA in the same way as Dewi.

Unfortunately critical members of the Labour party are very anti-RSAs and making decisions which will effect our sport.

I as a person can see some sort of understanding for most decisions made in life even if I do not agree with them BUT there is one exception, start messing with my fishing and there is NO compromise at all.

For decades now the commercial sector has raped the seas not only around our coast line but around the world, they think they own every thing below high water and it is their's to destroy at will. The time has come for that to change and if that means cod and chips cost £10 plus so be it because the future has to be sustainable commercial fishing.

Commercials whine constantly about how hard done they are and yet the industry is awash with grants and compensation for loss of income. To be honest they have had it far to good for far to long and the time has come for change.

The other facet of the Labour party which has gone to far is the interference with peoples lives dictating what we can and can not do, charging us to breath best sums it up. They can stuff their license where the monkey stuffs his nuts, there is absolutely no way that I will pay to be insulted by a bunch of arrogant idiots.

To cut of funding to NFSA was a bloody insult to the biggest participant sport in the UK, they spend thousands of pounds on athletic stadiums which lie empty for most of the time and yet refuse funding to a sport which they admit earns one billion pounds plus per year for the economy.

I think the time has come for a nation wide assault on Parliament square to put our point across.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

So you think it was the horse trading that did it. How many of the rsa do you think are affected by the bass stock remaining juvenile or decreasing, you really cannot say it is a small amount in particular we are talking about the whole of the channel as mentioned previously. Also the golden mile issue does not really have a major impact on the likes of myself, being a boat angler but you cannot just dismiss it as not important. how would you expect the rsa based in the channel to react if there was a call for the cod mls to increase or a call to close areas, in my mind that is just as important as the bass, however unlike the north sea again the channel guys do not really have to rely on it. It would be sad if they was to say sorry lads but we won't bother about this one. This is the difference between the nffo and the rsa, as said previously it is too secular in my mind. I haven't seen any statements of disapointment from these angling bodies yet, only the original joint release, or an apology to it's members for failing to acheive the bass issue, again do you think it was horse traded.

Tell me what is the way forward then. Keep the rsa devided?

I do not want a rsa strategy as it will mean dealing with defra, in my mind they are just selfish, gutless and have nothing to offer managing the rsa only pain and a cost to all, where do you think they could pull the rabbit out of the bag and give us bigger fish, not with the policy they have at the moment, thats for sure.

I do not have the answer Barry, best bet is to get the hell out of the whole thing, you will never unite sea anglers with initiatives that only benefit certain people in certain areas whilst actually damaging the bussiness and enjoyment of people in other areas.

Yes the channel is a big area admittedly but in comparison to my coastline its no bigger and is only a small part of the UK coastline where people enjoy a diversity of experiences, not everyone is a bass angler remember. Surely you wouldn't expect me to pay so that you can enjoy better fishing whilst we get nothing or have things taken away from us that we have always enjoyed? I am not against initiatives for specific areas and species but the impacts must stay local to those areas. The Golden mile is not insignificant to some but to many others it is. My point was there was nothing in any of this for a whole bunch of anglers (believe me bass fishing makes up only a percentage of the total number of species we go after).

Yes I believe there was trading going on. If you read the minutes from the inshore fisheries working groups its clear the angling bodies were central to the rsa strategy, I dont see any resistance from our guys at those meetings. Its my belief the nfsa and SACN and BASS were willing to be at least neutral on the licence front in return for the bass measures coming through. Have you read the marine bill responses on the licence ? (angling bodies are mentioned as being either in support or neutral on the issues). They havent got the bass measures just watch them backtrack now.

I do not have the answer Barry, best bet is to get the hell out of the whole thing, you will never unite sea anglers with initiatives that only benefit certain people in certain areas whilst actually damaging the bussiness and enjoyment of people in other areas.

Yes the channel is a big area admittedly but in comparison to my coastline its no bigger and is only a small part of the UK coastline where people enjoy a diversity of experiences, not everyone is a bass angler remember. Surely you wouldn't expect me to pay so that you can enjoy better fishing whilst we get nothing or have things taken away from us that we have always enjoyed? I am not against initiatives for specific areas and species but the impacts must stay local to those areas. The Golden mile is not insignificant to some but to many others it is. My point was there was nothing in any of this for a whole bunch of anglers (believe me bass fishing makes up only a percentage of the total number of species we go after).

Yes I believe there was trading going on. If you read the minutes from the inshore fisheries working groups its clear the angling bodies were central to the rsa strategy, I dont see any resistance from our guys at those meetings. Its my belief the nfsa and SACN and BASS were willing to be at least neutral on the licence front in return for the bass measures coming through. Have you read the marine bill responses on the licence ? (angling bodies are mentioned as being either in support or neutral on the issues). They havent got the bass measures just watch them backtrack now.

Hi glen, i am with you on the regional issues and it does not make any sense to have had a one for all policy so to speak, we dont on a lot of other things in the uk union, a rethink is in order and the bass mls slap in the face lesson should realy be learnt, it is a shame that it seams a fall out amongst certain rsa's has happened but there you go, like the fishing itself it varies from area to area and fish mls/golden miles/ ideas etc should be viewed and worked on for the good or bad for that area and consulted by the rsa in that area, of course support from area to area is helpful and i am sure it would be given if every rsa were consulted before any plans are put to the powers that be, i think i understand what i am saying? :lol: cheers.......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi glen, i am with you on the regional issues and it does not make any sense to have had a one for all policy so to speak, we dont on a lot of other things in the uk union, a rethink is in order and the bass mls slap in the face lesson should realy be learnt, it is a shame that it seams a fall out amongst certain rsa's has happened but there you go, like the fishing itself it varies from area to area and fish mls/golden miles/ ideas etc should be viewed and worked on for the good or bad for that area and consulted by the rsa in that area, of course support from area to area is helpful and i am sure it would be given if every rsa were consulted before any plans are put to the powers that be, i think i understand what i am saying? :lol: cheers.......

Please understand from my point of view there is no falling out, the point i am putting across is all of the angling clubs or what ever are not strong even together to put adequet pressure on the guys who are controlling our fishing, unlike the nffo who appear to whisper to defra and get what they want. I do not just target the bass in the channel but to me this was just one important item that has now failed. All the time rsa's say it's got nothing to do with me as i fish for cod in the north sea, the rsa have got no chance what so ever with the men in suits or the likes of the nffo. If as a rsa i would be asked to say support the protection of the cod for all i would give it as much effort as possible, not just to say, nothing to do with me as i don't need to rely on them. That is the difference.

The lesson to be learned in my mind is to get together, all firing the same gun or don't bother.How do you think the nffo work on a nation wide basis, they certainly don't appear to be secular or disjointed.They certainly have an all for one policy and it works. Why can't the rsa have the same.

I will be off line for a while guys, blo.dy computer is going to be sorted, hopefully.

Edited by barry luxton

I do not have the answer Barry, best bet is to get the hell out of the whole thing, you will never unite sea anglers with initiatives that only benefit certain people in certain areas whilst actually damaging the business and enjoyment of people in other areas.

Yes I believe there was trading going on. If you read the minutes from the inshore fisheries working groups its clear the angling bodies were central to the rsa strategy, I don't see any resistance from our guys at those meetings. Its my belief the nfsa and SACN and BASS were willing to be at least neutral on the licence front in return for the bass measures coming through. Have you read the marine bill responses on the licence ? (angling bodies are mentioned as being either in support or neutral on the issues). They havent got the bass measures just watch them backtrack now.

Hi Glenn,

To be honest your forgetting things like strength in numbers or divided we fall.

I support access problems through out the UK some of which I will never see, but other people do the same for our area.

It has to be the same for RSAs your problems maybe different but you can rely on me and others to support your side as fellow RSAs.

I did feel the Bass Plan was a very narrow field to operate in but in the areas effected I worked on the basis that it would also help other stocks.

The main failing of the Bass Plan was a serious EU flaw of which I was not aware, net mesh sizes can only be increased at EU level.

The thing is now we are going to be stuffed with the license deal whether we sit at the table or not. Being a stubborn old bastard I would fight them to the bitter end for the best deal possible.

I know you lads are against the license but you have to accept it will come whether you like it or not and trying on your own to avoid it will get you no where.

£25.00p per year will not kill the RSAs and they know that, if I go to Mumbles Pier, £3.50p parking fee, £3.00p per rod used, if I visit that mark once a month through the year using two rods it is £114 pounds per annum without taking bait and tackle cost into consideration and please bear in mind when you read this, this area has one of the lowest average incomes in the UK. And if you look on WSF (sorry Elton) at South & West Wales you will see it is the strongest area in the UK.

United we can hopefully force their hand and get something in return. The Golden Mile may not be your idea of a return but to date I have not heard what your wish list is apart from no license. It is a flag to fight behind and if we win the battle it will give us a status to enable us ALL to fight for better things on a regional basis.

Bottom line mate, at the moment we are chaff blowing in the wind and don't stand a hope in hell of doing anything, so get behind that flag and start kicking ass.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist