What Winter Bait

Elton

Posted on behalf of Big H. Please add all replies to this thread:

what is the best bait to use this time of year? im goin to a fishery in frant quite a small lake maybe a couple of acres with lots of snags in the middle with a few trees and lillies around the edge? i heard that something like a pineapple wafter would be good? maybe a plastic sweetcorn?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Big H. Please add all replies to this thread:

Er - instead of plastic sweetcorn, use the real thing. If nuisance fish are an issue then you could use maize or plastic corn. But at this time of year corn is well worth a try...

Rob.

Er - instead of plastic sweetcorn, use the real thing. If nuisance fish are an issue then you could use maize or plastic corn. But at this time of year corn is well worth a try...

Rob.

Hi to all

I put a bed of hemp, sweetcorn and ringers pelets (4mm) down then fish hallabut pellet with sweet corn or hust sweetcorn, it seems to work on my local pool's

Simon Cooper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big H

Was fishing frant the other day and found to be cathing nothing on tutti fruti boilies (i am gonna give it another go and see what happens will let u know!!!). On the other hand i went with a few of my mates and they were catching on fake maze and fake pellets. But it was very slow and very cold!

Martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

Bunch of maggots on the hook and a small pva bag of maggots hooked on..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Bunch of maggots on the hook and a small pva bag of maggots hooked on..

Den

Blanched ones in the pva bag, can work better on very silty waters. :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Blanched ones in the pva bag, can work better on very silty waters. :thumbs:

Sandra, some places ban sweetcorn,, too much sweetcorn in any water is not good as it gives of poisinous gases if left too long in one spot,, our local lakes have put a total ban on sweetcorn for this reason.. I find strawberry boilies work well in winter with maggots as loose feed

Edited by flyfish

Take a look in our Ebay shop for Carp Baits, Additives & other items

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Secret-Bait-A...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Sandra, some places ban sweetcorn,, too much sweetcorn in any water is not good as it gives of poisinous gases if left too long in one spot,, our local lakes have put a total ban on sweetcorn for this reason.. I find strawberry boilies work well in winter with maggots as loose feed

With respect that's rubbish. Sweetcorn gives off no poisonous gases, most certainly not in an angling situation.

Rob.

With respect that's rubbish. Sweetcorn gives off no poisonous gases, most certainly not in an angling situation.

Rob.

Hi Rob, i think your find it does,,,,im not talking about a few handfulls, but ive seen anglers throwing in bucket loads, this amout if not consumed by fish will start to fumigate and give of gases after a long period of time,, leave an unopened tin off sweetcorn in your fridge for a while, then take a sniff, your'll be suprised

Take a look in our Ebay shop for Carp Baits, Additives & other items

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Secret-Bait-A...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm