Gemini Catamarans

Steve Holman

I've recently seen a wonderful looking Gemini cat in Eastbourne Sovereign marina. It's a fast 40ish footer fitted out for whelking by the looks of the on-deck arrangements.

Lots of horsepower, I would reckon. Looks like a real boat, as opposed to the slab-sided Blyths and South boats (as good as the Souths are claimed to be.

It's a lottery winner's dream really, but when I win it, how much would one cost me? £200,00 plus?

I've recently seen a wonderful looking Gemini cat in Eastbourne Sovereign marina. It's a fast 40ish footer fitted out for whelking by the looks of the on-deck arrangements.

Lots of horsepower, I would reckon. Looks like a real boat, as opposed to the slab-sided Blyths and South boats (as good as the Souths are claimed to be.

It's a lottery winner's dream really, but when I win it, how much would one cost me? £200,00 plus?

Nothing wrong with the south boat cats, done Paul Whittall and all his crews proud since he bought it.

The answer to your question is a peice of string, what type of engines and how fast you want to go etc. Don't think you would have any change out of 200 thou for a forty.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Lots of other good Cats on the market have a look at this from Safehaven Marine

http://www.safehavenmarine.com/BLACK%20CAT.htm

Watch the video here

http://safehavenmarine.phanfare.com/album/...imageID=3881288

And this is well worth a look

http://safehavenmarine.phanfare.com/album/...mageID=19773017

My kinda boats, just need the readies!!!

Edited by Manxman

This is the one I want..

http://safehavenmarine.phanfare.com/album/...mageID=20338471

the onboard film is amazing.....canny see the wee Seahog doing that stuff !!!...AND, its only 6 numbers away from being mine !!! :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

That'll have Davy drooling all over his keyboard, :yucky:

Suprised to see the boy right up aft taking the video, he must have a good pair of sea legs, or did they superglue him to the deck.

For me, I like the way this baby shows her bottom, lovely

http://safehavenmarine.phanfare.com/album/...imageID=6887922

Nothing wrong with the south boat cats, done Paul Whittall and all his crews proud since he bought it.

The answer to your question is a peice of string, what type of engines and how fast you want to go etc. Don't think you would have any change out of 200 thou for a forty.

Yup, 200 minimum for a 40 with good speed. Would need 6-700 hp I would reckon.

I know that Souths are rated very highly; it's just that they're so slab sided, whereas the Gemini has a curved line wherever you look. just my opinion as a purist.

Safehavens aren't really my cuppa. Too sleek looking. I prefer a workboat to look like one, hence the Gemini

Ring GEMINI for a price???it depends on kit fitted,engines,how you want it finished.my mate as just got one have alook on NORFOLK FISHING CHARTERS

You could always read Fishing News, there's been a lot of new Geminis recently. A couple have gone into serivce over here in the past year or so, one for angling charter/commercial, and the other for potting. Both have had bulbous bows retro-fitted I believe as they're a bit nose heavy if the fuel tanks (aft) are low. Apparently the build quality is excellent.

Keep an eye on www.findafishingboat.co.uk for secondhand prices. PS - twin 180s in a 32footer will do 18 knots top whack.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

You could always read Fishing News, there's been a lot of new Geminis recently. A couple have gone into serivce over here in the past year or so, one for angling charter/commercial, and the other for potting. Both have had bulbous bows retro-fitted I believe as they're a bit nose heavy if the fuel tanks (aft) are low. Apparently the build quality is excellent.

Keep an eye on www.findafishingboat.co.uk for secondhand prices. PS - twin 180s in a 32footer will do 18 knots top whack.

I'm not, unfortunately, in the position to actually buy one. I'm confined to lusting after them at the moment.

I found a writeup about the Gemini whelker at Eastbourne in a commercial fishing publication. It belongs to Peter Storey, who also owns the Royal Sovereign (great big crabber). The Gemini cost £340,000. Strewth.

Bulbous bows eh? Not so impressed with that. Think of all the power needed to push them through the water.

Must be soemethingh wrong with the hull design to take a retrograde step like that. But then, what do i know about it?