AN Wobblethon - 24th February 2008

Anderoo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN Wobblethon - 24th February 2008

Venue - Cut-off Channel and/or River Wissey, Hilgay, near Downham Market, Norfolk

Cost - day tickets from baliffs on the bank, £3.50

No. of places: 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By popular demand, here's the thread for the upcoming AN wobblethon! Whether you're a seasoned piker who fancies a decent day's fishing or someone who'd like to take the opportunity to have a go alongside somebody more experienced, everyone's welcome.

What would be nice is if those who've done a fair bit of piking and know what they're doing could fish alongside somebody who is less experienced or who perhaps has never caught a pike in their life. It would be great to use this opportunity to show people the ropes.

The cut-off and the Wissey are right next to each other, and on the same KLAA ticket, so we'll be free to move between them. There are miles and miles of water, plenty of pike (and zander), and so particularly suited to wobbling or lure fishing. Ideally we'll split up into twos (or threes) and all wander off in different directions.

If you'd like to come along and fish for roach, bream, tench, perch, etc. instead please feel free :)

Time and place to meet TBD nearer the time.

So far the list of probable attendees is as follows. I'll keep this updated:

1. Anderoo

2. dant

3. SPARE PLACE

4. SPARE PLACE

5. Andrew Burgess

6. BUDGIE

7. Will Wilkinson

8. stuchef

9. SPARE PLACE

10. chavender

11. Mat Hillman

12. WayneX2

13. SPARE PLACE

14. norfolkfisher

15. ginger

16. Tony U

17. Sue U

18. Andrew B's mate

19. Vidar

20. Chris Bishop

:thumbs:

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on from the wobbling deadbait topic, some people have expressed an interest in getting together for a big AN wobble :D As it stands, the favourite venue would be somewhere in fenland - lots of water, lots of pike, and cheap at £3.50 a day (if you see a baliff - tickets on the bank).

It would be useful to see how many people would be interested in coming for a day's piking. If it looks like a go-er, I'm happy to do the arranging.

I know a very productive little river in the fens which would suit us very well. In addition, there are literally miles and miles of drains, all full of pike and all fairly close to each other.

It would have to be after xmas and before the end of the season.

Fancy it? :)

(Of course, if you choose to fish static or even trot for roach, that's fine too B) )

I'll come along! Not sure about the piking bit though :P

Rich

I'd love to find out how to catch pike (deliberately) with some experts. Definitely count me in.

Oh dear :lol: I hope some experts come too :D

Rich, if you don't want to pike fish, the cut-off channel fishes really well in the winter for roach, bream, tench, and perch. I was zander fishing there last winter and couldn't believe the number of bream and tench getting caught! The river I have in mind is also a really excellent winter roach venue as well as having lots of perch, chub, and dace.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If this gets going I shall be driving up in an old Mercedes van, it seats 3 with tons of room for gear and would happily give anyone a lift up from the North Suffolk/South Norfolky areas...

...via Oxford! Brilliant, cheers Dant :D

Might be able to give a lift from London if I am on my own - but it's likely I won't be.

I know, first he giveth!!!

When we know a date for it I'll be able to confirm.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear