GREEDY BAIT FREEZE DRIED RAG WORM

ray carper

Welcome Jonesey, you boat or shore, Me being tight i think the preserved is a bit dear compared to fresh and it is quite easy to get hold of frozen at the same cost if fresh is in short supply. Now if you was to say that the preserved is a killer bait, i might think again. Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

I mainly fish from shore. Get out on boat when can.

I am also rather tight (ask the girlfriend) but this is why the Greedy Bait was ideal as I could keep it as long as I wanted without it going off. Got open packs and seems to still be looking good after a few weeks and was told will last a minimum of 18months, which sounds almost too long to be true!

Cant comment if its a killer bait as yet, but certainly caught as well as the live I had been using.

Would def. be interested in what others think as me and afew mates had really good experience, so find it odd that Ray seems to have been the exact opposite.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

I mainly fish from shore. Get out on boat when can.

I am also rather tight (ask the girlfriend) but this is why the Greedy Bait was ideal as I could keep it as long as I wanted without it going off. Got open packs and seems to still be looking good after a few weeks and was told will last a minimum of 18months, which sounds almost too long to be true!

Cant comment if its a killer bait as yet, but certainly caught as well as the live I had been using.

Would def. be interested in what others think as me and afew mates had really good experience, so find it odd that Ray seems to have been the exact opposite.

Hello mate :thumbs:

It might just be the confidence in what you are useing that made the difference,Or the mark you are fishing, looking back on Rays post agian I see he was fishing Dunginess not an area that Id have fished Rag on My self,maybe that caused the blank.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hello mate :thumbs:

It might just be the confidence in what you are useing that made the difference,Or the mark you are fishing, looking back on Rays post agian I see he was fishing Dunginess not an area that Id have fished Rag on My self,maybe that caused the blank.

hi all and welcome jonesey

i did'nt blank on the rag, it was just totally unuseable (went all mushy).

although in fairness to greedy bait, i emailed them about what had happened to the rag, and received a email back the following day from the farm manager offering 2 replacement packs to try it again.

their also meant to be changing the instructions on the packs as they are a bit vague. apparently your meant to cover the worms in water in the packet and empty it immediately (i left them soaking for a minute before draining the water off.

and in answer to your question five bellies not far from welling. shootershill. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

Anybody tried this since the thread was started?

I've noticed that Fladen do some now, too - http://www.ragworm.co.uk/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Had a few packs of the freeze dried stuff and left them in shed over last winter, thought I better give them a go only to find that the mice loved them! Not one left out of six packs.

I hate mice and rats with a passion. They have destroyed hundreds of pounds worth of tackle & bait of mine over the years.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 1 month later...

:P

Even more fish on SLIMEY frozen unfrozen frozen unfrozen MACKERAL (held on by a lot of elastic & Squid strips) - If there there at Chesil they eat ..... Forget fresh bait salted or flavoured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

:P

Even more fish on SLIMEY frozen unfrozen frozen unfrozen MACKERAL (held on by a lot of elastic & Squid strips) - If there there at Chesil they eat ..... Forget fresh bait salted or flavoured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-6045-1256341670_thumb.jpg

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

But I tried Greedy Bait fat worms and found them excellent and caught as well as the live bait I had been using previously.

and caught as well as the live bait I had been using previously.

Interested to know what you caught previously?

I break my bruddy back to dig live worms and collect shellfish/crabs/prawns/mackies etc (as required).

And it's worth it.

All preserved baits are, so far, krap .... why do you guys get sucked in?

I used to drive from Harlow to W Mersea to dig lug for Walton on Naze.

Living away from the coast is no excuse.

If you're serious about your fishing, get the very best fresh bait.

lugjustdug1-1.jpg

lug3.jpg

blimey thats a nights worth for me :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson