hi new member who is well into pike .... big time

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_stubbo_*

Guest_stubbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

Stubbo - that sounds like your browser is set to notice errors in the forum code even when they are insignificant. A good setting if you have written a web page and want to debug it but otherwise, worthless and annoying.

If you run IE, tools->internet options->advanced->check the box to disable script debugging. That should stop the popup.

thanks for your help i will ask my son if he can sort it for me.You will have excuse my incompitence i am a novice on this pc i have only just started to use this since i joined your forum.

stubbo

#12 Guest_stubbo_*

Guest_stubbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

Stubbo - that sounds like your browser is set to notice errors in the forum code even when they are insignificant. A good setting if you have written a web page and want to debug it but otherwise, worthless and annoying.

If you run IE, tools->internet options->advanced->check the box to disable script debugging. That should stop the popup.

Things are looking good think i am in.... just posted new topic on sea fishing section,

thanks for you help

stubbo

#13 Tony U

Tony U

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fishing and more fishing and oh yes Morris Dancing

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

Things are looking good think i am in.... just posted new topic on sea fishing section,

thanks for you help

stubbo

He was trying to post on the coarse but hey :D :D :D

Tony
Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

#14 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

Stubbo - we understand that you old guys have trouble adjusting to all this modern gear and we try to help when possible. :whistling:

:D :D

Note: I usually get one of my grandkids to help out. :sun:
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#15 Guest_stubbo_*

Guest_stubbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

Stubbo - we understand that you old guys have trouble adjusting to all this modern gear and we try to help when possible. :whistling:

:D :D

Note: I usually get one of my grandkids to help out. :sun:

just become grandad myself i can see the grey hairs on head forming as we speak

#16 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:45 AM

LOL - my grey hairs are mostly either moving south to my ears or departing altogether. Way more hair in the beard than on the head these days.

Looking forward to a trip this weekend to visit 2 daughters, one hubby, and 4 of the grands. We are checking into lodging that gives us two rooms (the dog is old and needs a place to escape) and has a large indoor pool so we can let the kiddos work off some energy.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#17 Guest_stubbo_*

Guest_stubbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

LOL - my grey hairs are mostly either moving south to my ears or departing altogether. Way more hair in the beard than on the head these days.

Looking forward to a trip this weekend to visit 2 daughters, one hubby, and 4 of the grands. We are checking into lodging that gives us two rooms (the dog is old and needs a place to escape) and has a large indoor pool so we can let the kiddos work off some energy.

have a good weekend will you do a bit of fishing

#18 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

I won't be fishing down there. Needs a Georgia license and I so rarely have time to fish when we visit that it has never been worth the expense.

Enough for me to buy 2 each for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia license each year (Jan fishes as well) and an annual one for her at a local County owned pond.