Granton Harbour Fishing Edinburgh

MeNtALjAmBo

Hi guys !! (and girls ?? ) just found this forum and have enjoyed reading your comments so far

I currently am stayin no more than 5 minutes walk from granton harbour and was wonderin if anyone new the best times for going fishing from the harbour are and what is best to use as bait etc , I tried last year but caught nothing although i did see a load of mackerel and cod being caught by other folk !

I was told that any silver spinner would do for mackerel and cod were gettin caught on the rag quite well but i just seem to time going down there wrong as i dont even get a bite down there when i turn up :(

any help would be appreciated , thanks !!!!!

Codling should be starting to show about now - mackerel don't usually appear until late June.

The best bet by far for the codling is to use peeler crab, the fish aren't that far out - less than 20yrds - at the side of the foundations of the breakwater. I find it easier to use a float as it's easy to lose rigs in the weed.

For the mackerel, a silver spinner will catch them but you need to move about to find them, they can be from halfway up to the far end. If you find the sprats you usually find the mackerel, best times are usually early morning or late afternoon. t

Sounds like it could be interesting, might show up too :D

[ 15. May 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: David.W ]

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Hi Guys

I think there are quite a few of us dotted around the Forth Estuary - it would be nice to try for a meet up sometime, though I know it's not always possible - plus the road works on the Forth Bridge don't help !!

Its on my doorstep, and i never fish it! Thats not a hint at all

When ive ever been realy realy REALY bored and totaly deprived of fishing ive went down, caught the odd cluggy, tiny coalfish, and even the odd stray codling... Seen a few makkies when ive been down too... Mostly on rag and lug, crab too...

It holds convenience for you, so why not...

Oh and a special warm welcome to AN from me... Your a Jolly Jambo :P (doubt there are many of our kind here!)

Tight Lines

Shaun

Kenny,

We could always walk over the bridge :D

A couple of us Fifers could go over in the one car sometime, could be fun.

When things pick up a bit we will have to get a mini AN trip over the water (well for us Fifers anyway), meet our southern cousins :D

Sounds like it could be quite an interesting place with quite a few species.