Born again fisherperson

Klaus

This year, although not over yet, I decided not to buy a harley davidson and ride off into the sunset. Early spring I bought myself a cheap spinning rod & reel package + lures as my parents live by the sea, easy to set up and chuck in. Much to the amusement of my wife and kid, standing on selsey beach hurling what I now know as a dexter about 50-80 yards in what seemed to be force 8 gales. Nothing much happened on the saturday, so sunday,tide table, back on the beach lovely waves. chucking again winding,chucking,winding on and on relentlessly to no avail. Well I bought the damn thing, I was'nt going to give up I'd seen it on the telly, Rex Hunt (not in selsey obviously) other brands of fisherpeople as well. So another visit to my parents entailed a couple of weeks later, of to the beach again (Saturday) 3 hrs chucking & retrieving to no avail, well getting a bit fed up then so packed up :huh: . Sunday back to the beach casting,hurling,chucking,lobbing changing lures etc you name it I was at it,anyway the wife turns up and says 10 more minutes. So be it, well persevering as I was, what happened, only felt something bang on the end and pulling, obviously not seaweed like the ton that I had already dragged out. well nothing new to all you guys that may read this I had actually caught a FISH :) A bass none the less about 10 inches probably a pound if that, well chuffed I was. I unhooked it and the wife took a not very good photo with her camera phone, I managed to put it back as I knew it was not big enough to keep. Well that was it my, fishing revolution started from there on, not just sea fishing I have spent oodles of £ on rods, reels ,line etc. hope to be posting again when I get time with pics etc.

Welcome to the wonderful world of angling fanatics and especially, welcome to AnglersNet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

This year, although not over yet, I decided not to buy a harley davidson and ride off into the sunset. Early spring I bought myself a cheap spinning rod & reel package + lures as my parents live by the sea, easy to set up and chuck in. Much to the amusement of my wife and kid, standing on selsey beach hurling what I now know as a dexter about 50-80 yards in what seemed to be force 8 gales. Nothing much happened on the saturday, so sunday,tide table, back on the beach lovely waves. chucking again winding,chucking,winding on and on relentlessly to no avail. Well I bought the damn thing, I was'nt going to give up I'd seen it on the telly, Rex Hunt (not in selsey obviously) other brands of fisherpeople as well. So another visit to my parents entailed a couple of weeks later, of to the beach again (Saturday) 3 hrs chucking & retrieving to no avail, well getting a bit fed up then so packed up :huh: . Sunday back to the beach casting,hurling,chucking,lobbing changing lures etc you name it I was at it,anyway the wife turns up and says 10 more minutes. So be it, well persevering as I was, what happened, only felt something bang on the end and pulling, obviously not seaweed like the ton that I had already dragged out. well nothing new to all you guys that may read this I had actually caught a FISH :) A bass none the less about 10 inches probably a pound if that, well chuffed I was. I unhooked it and the wife took a not very good photo with her camera phone, I managed to put it back as I knew it was not big enough to keep. Well that was it my, fishing revolution started from there on, not just sea fishing I have spent oodles of £ on rods, reels ,line etc. hope to be posting again when I get time with pics etc.

Hi Klaus

keep it up m8 its a bug you will enjoy and as you get more experienced you will catch more and more.