How Gill Nets Work.

samuel-cox

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, KEN, I was being flipant and going off on a tangent, at some mis thought humour, your right,but there you are,we gave up long ago buying that stuff, it beggers belief what future generations will inherit, my brother has recently sat at meetings speaking to govmt think tank advisers and its worse than grim, he has even, just befor christmas sat across a table from a minister on a one to one basis and been told one thing only to discover the goal posts moved over night,its a bit like angling conservation, you get a few chaps doing their best to attend meetings etc and only one or two can bother to turn up, or you you get some body hi-jack the effort, commercial fishermen where I live are well noted for not sticking together, and ultimately are paying the price, and sad to say, if anglers are apethetic in their atitude to conservation there will be no real inroads made, if anyone knows of some body making the conservation effort, support him/her,fact is a group with a spokes person is more likely to be listened to than an individual, but there you are,

202:

if anyone knows of some body making the conservation effort, support him/her,fact is a group with a spokes person is more likely to be listened to than an individual, but there you are,

Join SACN, it's free!

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/sacn/membership.htm

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

bennyTHEBASS:

When you see these netters contact the MAFF,if its ok no harm done. if its illegal well done mate.   :)  

see: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/sacn/ill_net.htm

(ps MAFF no longer exists!)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Sorry my mistake THE ENVIROMENTAL AGENCY. its bloody rife down here in cornwall mile upon mile of ilegal net gets burned every month. when are they going to learn, they are only taking their own future away.

[ 07. January 2005, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: bennyTHEBASS ]

I was bought up on the blackwater and have and do fish it regularly, the are lots of small bass, but thetre are some good fish to be had. You do have to chose the right spot at the right time.

The Crouch has less pressure and also some fine bass fishing.

My farther and I helped a bass expert called Donervan Kelly net the first 0 group bass ever in the uppewr reaches of the Camel estuary as part of his life study off bass. Theres proberly no one in the UK that knows more about UK bass than Don