RSA Strategy Consultation Launched

Aside from poo for a moment, i have seen this counter argument used from time to time. How about making a comment regarding fishing and the effects it has on the stocks. Does it make a difference?

ignore global warming etc and just stick to this one point. Changes in the biomass for example? Herring stocks, sandeel, etc?cod or should it be codling. Bass is next?Is there a difference?

When i see the word "poo" i think of SHITE/**** etc, and on the other of Winnie the Poo :D .I'll just stick to calling Pew "Pew" if its all the same ;)

For what follows plz understand this is just the way i see it, based on my experience; and am i am doing no more than grasping round for some understanding. I don't think im right, i dont think im special, i am not (fact) in the pay of the commercials.

Its surely an absolute truth that any action does have an effect on something? Fishing, be it X number of anglers, commercials, power-station inlets, shipping, energy extraction .......... It will have an effect.

Its also true that species like Herring and Sandeel are utterly tied to oceanographic conditions and whats happening with the plankton; we live in an area where weather conditions have changed a lot (as usaul from my understanding). Sandeels "collapsed" bigtime, with huge knock on effects on birds, fish and fishermen (though not of course on the salaries and pensions of those who believe sandeel stocks are supposed to be at "x" tonnes). Until i see a credible account of just whats happened to the base blocks, like sandeel, of all our fishing, instead of the green/rspb spin about overfishing then overfishing is no more than one of many possible reasons.

Bass and cod are very different to sandeel and herring; different in where they are in the food chain, different in their respective importance to RSA/commercial, different in current/intended legislation.

Is there really anything to be gained in linking them unless you happen to be embarked on an "us v them" war situation?

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When i see the word "poo" i think of SHITE/**** etc, and on the other of Winnie the Poo :D .I'll just stick to calling Pew "Pew" if its all the same ;)

For what follows plz understand this is just the way i see it, based on my experience; and am i am doing no more than grasping round for some understanding. I don't think im right, i dont think im special, i am not (fact) in the pay of the commercials.

Its surely an absolute truth that any action does have an effect on something? Fishing, be it X number of anglers, commercials, power-station inlets, shipping, energy extraction .......... It will have an effect.

Its also true that species like Herring and Sandeel are utterly tied to oceanographic conditions and whats happening with the plankton; we live in an area where weather conditions have changed a lot (as usaul from my understanding). Sandeels "collapsed" bigtime, with huge knock on effects on birds, fish and fishermen (though not of course on the salaries and pensions of those who believe sandeel stocks are supposed to be at "x" tonnes). Until i see a credible account of just whats happened to the base blocks, like sandeel, of all our fishing, instead of the green/rspb spin about overfishing then overfishing is no more than one of many possible reasons.

Bass and cod are very different to sandeel and herring; different in where they are in the food chain, different in their respective importance to RSA/commercial, different in current/intended legislation.

Is there really anything to be gained in linking them unless you happen to be embarked on an "us v them" war situation?

Chris

Winne is portrayed as an animal not a fish, so thats discounted then, poo it is for me then, or is it phhewww. I dunno. :lol:

There was no malice in linking them, they are the ones that could be construde as a bit 'low' on the ground, thats all.

If you use plankton as the reason for the shortage, does basking sharks not come into this, is there a shortage of them as well?

I cannot think of too many reasons for a shortage in the stocks, as you point out we don't get paid to work that one out. Power station inlets, i think the outlets, more than compensate for that one? Shipping? No don't work for me. Energy extraction, yes, in particular breeding grounds, removal of habitat, this is an area where Steve Good is particulary interested in. I can definatly understand that. This is where our government issues the licences etc, control and not alot of the after effects are potrayed, wonder why? other eu countries particular ban this, so we end up exporting the stuff to them. To offset that there are and will be more areas of 'safe haven' created when windy city is built off shore?

Fishing, trawling in particular,can only be good for the stocks, with all these real time closures, advances in discard avoidence etc. :whistling::D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I understand from another web site that the replies to the document will not be considerd unless it it within the framework of what defra requires. I have looked within the list of consultees pages etc and do not see what is suggested? I have looked at other areas and get bloo.y gateway time out messages.

Hi Barry

You must have missed the questions just before the long list of consultees

You don't have to stick to answering the questions (politicians never do :D ) - they are there to make it easier for people to respond.

Questions –

•What are your overall views on the Strategy? Does it miss anything?

Which part would you change and how?

•How often do you go angling?

Where do you mostly go angling?

Do you go on angling holidays?

•What sort of angling – shore, own boat or

charter vessels?

Why do you go sea angling?

What are the key reasons for your

participation in the sport?

What is the biggest issue for you affecting

your angling?

•Do you agree with the aim and objectives of

the Strategy? Which objective do you think

is most important?

•How do you think angling needs can be reflected in fisheries management decisions and policy? What do you think is the best way to achieve this?

•Which species do you value most?

What action would you like to see taken to

improve these stocks?

•If a sea angling licence were introduced and

the revenue spent to provide benefits for sea

anglers, would you be willing to pay and

how much?

•Would you support a bag limit for certain

species where there is a conservation need

and there are controls on commercial

exploitation of the same species?

•What would you spend money on to

improve your enjoyment of sea angling?

•What new sources of information are you

aware of that are available to build an

evidence base? E.g. data on catches, social

studies, angling business turnovers, numbers

of people going on charter vessels year on

year etc.

Edited by steve pitts

Hi Barry

You must have missed the questions just before the long list of consultees

You don't have to stick to answering the questions (politicians never do :D ) - they are there to make it easier for people to respond.

Hi Steve, no i saw the questions, that can't be the scope of the responce that they require, those ones are too easy to reply to.

i.e. what would you like the money to be spent on, Reply: Not ruddy carparks and toilet blocks. B)

They also missed out in there:- would you prefer it if defra bugg@rd off. :D

Another concern is within the doc: licences, bag limits, if the reply from an rsa is: i.e. 'yes but i want to see bla bla bla first', would defra count that towards a positive responce for the same? So when they do the tally up the answer is:- most of the rsa are in favour. :o:o:o That would be no surprise.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Another concern is within the doc: licences, bag limits, if the reply from an rsa is: i.e. 'yes but i want to see bla bla bla first', would defra count that towards a positive responce for the same? So when they do the tally up the answer is:- most of the rsa are in favour. :o:o:o That would be no surprise.

I'd put money on that Barry.

Joe

Winne is portrayed as an animal not a fish, so thats discounted then, poo it is for me then, or is it phhewww. I dunno. :lol:

There was no malice in linking them, they are the ones that could be construde as a bit 'low' on the ground, thats all.

If you use plankton as the reason for the shortage, does basking sharks not come into this, is there a shortage of them as well?

I cannot think of too many reasons for a shortage in the stocks, as you point out we don't get paid to work that one out. Power station inlets, i think the outlets, more than compensate for that one? Shipping? No don't work for me. Energy extraction, yes, in particular breeding grounds, removal of habitat, this is an area where Steve Good is particulary interested in. I can definatly understand that. This is where our government issues the licences etc, control and not alot of the after effects are potrayed, wonder why? other eu countries particular ban this, so we end up exporting the stuff to them. To offset that there are and will be more areas of 'safe haven' created when windy city is built off shore?

Fishing, trawling in particular,can only be good for the stocks, with all these real time closures, advances in discard avoidence etc. :whistling::D

Plankton changes must be responsible for some of the changes we see.; its a fact that the plankton population around the southern end of Britain has changed a lot; and therefore, since everything depends on it, everything changes. Its not about shortage necessarily ,;some species can thrive on a diet of plankton A, while others strave.

I think you'd have to name the species and the situation before assuming that trawling is either good or bad. Trawling has been going on a while around the uk; be a bit of an upset if the big channel cod were big due to the beamers inverterbrate smashing for instance?! AS if...

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Plankton changes must be responsible for some of the changes we see.; its a fact that the plankton population around the southern end of Britain has changed a lot; and therefore, since everything depends on it, everything changes. Its not about shortage necessarily ,;some species can thrive on a diet of plankton A, while others strave.

So we have plankton eating herring, low in numbers, plankton eating mackeral appears to be ok at the mo, and there is plankton eating basking sharks around.

Defra can't even keep it's own house in order with this billion pound overspend, what chance have they got to enhance the rsa to keep it as a thriving sector. Thanks but no thanks defra. Come back when you are fit for purpose. :angry:

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/displa...tentPK=19787632

Not being funny thedogs, but there is a real need to add half a million sig's to the petition before April to raise any interest by the goverment, as said previous, might raise an eyebrow. The only e petition to do just that was the one about charging the motorist and the numbers on that were many many thousands. This scheme (e petitions) has now been weakend and watered down, too many,and appears to have lost any relevance. Just like Henry's Petition, remember. sorry.